PDA

View Full Version : Ilford is prepared to add to ULF film run

DKirk
23-Oct-2012, 03:44
Not sure if this should be here or in the bussiness/announcements, but here goes.
I have a 70mm back for my RB, and struggling to find film for it. I'm waiting on a roll of CDU film which will be cross processed, E6'd and generally used and abused for some abstract experiments. I'm looking for some b&w film to put through it aside from the Rollie film I couldn't find another supplier. So I decided to contact Ilford, who are quite happy to produce it if it's viable, I quote from their public reply on twitter

"@kirk_d We will put FP4+ & HP5+ bulk lengths on our next ULF campaign if we get enough interest. Prices will depend on volume Good luck! "

So please spread the word

unixrevolution
23-Oct-2012, 11:29
It's a shame the 70mm format never caught on for medium format cameras the way 120/220 did.

I can imagine massive 70mm cassettes, a la 135 film.

karl french
23-Oct-2012, 12:11
Are you being ironic?

DKirk
23-Oct-2012, 12:29
No, I am merely trying to draw the attention of a larger audience, who may appreciate an otherwise esoteric film format. While strictly speaking it is not true LF, there are some users here who do also use Medium, and indeed smaller formats. Also given that Ilford are willing to support continued use of film should be applauded. Based on this willingness, should there be interest then they probably would do a run of 5"+ wide roll film if people had an ariel camera they may wish to use.

karl french
23-Oct-2012, 13:42
No no, I was referring to unixrevolution's post about 70mm cassettes. As what he imagines was actually the case.

With that being said I would be surprised to see Ilford bring back perforated 70mm film, even on a special order basis, considering there are many more cameras in use that can accommodate 220 film and they are unwilling to repair their 220 machine. I would gladly buy x number of rolls of FP4+ or HP5+ (especially) in 220 each year via special order if it was available.

unixrevolution
26-Oct-2012, 08:40
No no, I was referring to unixrevolution's post about 70mm cassettes. As what he imagines was actually the case.

Not what was the case, what should have been the case. Perhaps not a very practical thing to wish for, but it would have been really cool.

Sal Santamaura
26-Oct-2012, 09:28
No no, I was referring to unixrevolution's post about 70mm cassettes. As what he imagines was actually the case...

Not what was the case, what should have been the case. Perhaps not a very practical thing to wish for, but it would have been really cool.As Karl posted, it did exist. A picture is worth a thousand words:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kodak-70mm-Film-Cassette-Hasselblad-A70-Magazine-/230674063001

Andre Noble
28-Oct-2012, 12:53
This thread should have been titled

"Ilford is Prepared to Add 70mm Film to ULF Film Run"