PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing on Ebay

Antonenko
22-Oct-2012, 23:57
I am a resident of Russia. And when I see lots put up for Ebay, many vesch sold only in the U.S.. And lots are sold fairly cheap. Maybe there is a person willing to help as a mediator. Willing to pay for shipping and throw 10 percent of the cost of goods. In this case, the need spotmetr. With the hope of understanding. Anton.

Steven Tribe
23-Oct-2012, 02:55
This can be organised - but there is one big problem.

The lister can insist on payment by Paypal and the rules are such that the item must be sent to the registered address in the Paypal system, otherwise all security is void.
This means that the "agent" in the USA must accept risks (by bidding and paying).

There may be single categories where there is a lower price (USA - Russia import) even when taking USPS or UPS rates and VAT taxes into considerationon. But it is quite sometime since I found anything with economic benefit myself!

Lachlan 717
23-Oct-2012, 03:41
Have a look at www.myus.com

Suggested by American Express, so should be reliable.

Antonenko
23-Oct-2012, 03:46
Steven. I have a rating of (700) I registered in Paypal probyvat I will negotiate with the seller to send the goods to the U.S. address (if he does not want to deal with customs) pre-negotiate shipping within the U.S.

PS I also can offer to exchange Russian cameras and lenses

photobymike
1-Jan-2013, 13:33
LOL its those FED and Kiev cameras ... so far i have resisted the temptation to by a Kiev camera. The east needs to pass laws protecting credit card transfers and then you will see more trade..... I have actually sold to confirmed addresses in England, Canada, and believe it not Singapore. China has really gotten its act together when it comes to trading on Ebay.... My wife buys a ton of stuff from a Chinese supplier for her jewelry making enterprise. When paypal says a Russian address is confirmed, you will see more trade open up. To be honest there is so much fraud going on that it makes it hazardous to deal with the former countries of the Soviet Union. Maybe some enterprising group of people will make it safe to trade with these countries. Some countries like Italy the post office is filled with so much theft that nothing of value can be shipped. And dont get me started about the Philippines or Malasia ..... its a black hole as far as Ebay is concerned ... something shipped is never heard from again. So to our Russian friends i feel ya ...

Lachlan 717
1-Jan-2013, 14:34
I just checked with myus, their their calculator returned very high shipment cost, something like $60 for small package!

I had a pair of shoes sent for under US$50. Not sure what size you're referring to. Also, that price might be based on Croatian costs, rather than myus.com's price. Perhaps you need to check what the same package would cost by using USPS direct (making sure that you add the 10% stipend you referred to, a cost that you won't have if you use a virtual mailbox).

mdm
1-Jan-2013, 16:10
Google 'parcel forwarders'. I have used shipito.com to forward an ebay purchase and to forward xray film. Be careful to use a place with a warehouse on the nearest coast to you, cheaper shipping. You fill out your own customs form. Be aware that if you want them to check your package or consolidate a number of packages they may open film boxes and send you a lovely picture, someone complained of that here once, but I have never used that service and have been fine.