PDA

View Full Version : Wooden Glass plate camera question

stradibarrius
17-Oct-2012, 14:39
I found and old wooden frame "glass plate camera. The back wooden door that contains the GG opens and I guess you insert the glass plate and close the door back and shot.
My question is will standard 4x5 film holders works with this type camera?

Mark Woods
17-Oct-2012, 14:46
This sounds like a wet plate camera.

C. D. Keth
17-Oct-2012, 15:14
It probably will not work with modern holders. With most of that type of camera, the groundglass hinges out of the way and the plate holder goes in its place, held by some sort of latch. You have any photos of the camera? We're always interested in that type of thing here.

T.G.
18-Oct-2012, 07:06
I found and old wooden frame "glass plate camera. The back wooden door that contains the GG opens and I guess you insert the glass plate and close the door back and shot.
No, with the ground glass door open, a plateholder fits into that spot. The ground glass door stays open. You won't be able to just "rig" something due to light tightness and the registration or film plane. That will have to be the same as the ground glass.

E. von Hoegh
18-Oct-2012, 07:18

No.