PDA

View Full Version : What parts are these?

l2oBiN
16-Oct-2012, 23:03
I received these in a box which had some print drums (jobo 2870, 2840, cibachrome a + some I gave away..durst I think). Can anyone identify what these are and how they are used?

Marko

Vaughn
16-Oct-2012, 23:06
Some look like the pins that hold the plastic gears onto the rods for raising and lowering the enlarger's carriage on the column

Jiri Vasina
17-Oct-2012, 01:43
Marko,

those are pins or clips that hold a print (or in my case film sheet) in one of the Jobo 28xx line drums... extremely useful, a must if you develop several sheets of film in the drum - those times when I did not place the clip well enough and went loose during the development, the sheet of film moved in the drum. And ruined the one it landed on... sometimes even several...

The pins are cliped on the ridges on the inside of the Jobo drum... or a bit easier is to slide them from the top all the way down until you reach the edge of the film/print sheet.

Hope this helps

Jiri

l2oBiN
17-Oct-2012, 04:59
Marko,

those are pins or clips that hold a print (or in my case film sheet) in one of the Jobo 28xx line drums... extremely useful, a must if you develop several sheets of film in the drum - those times when I did not place the clip well enough and went loose during the development, the sheet of film moved in the drum. And ruined the one it landed on... sometimes even several...

The pins are cliped on the ridges on the inside of the Jobo drum... or a bit easier is to slide them from the top all the way down until you reach the edge of the film/print sheet.

Hope this helps

Jiri

This makes sense. Any more info or perhaps a video on how they are used?

Ed Bray
17-Oct-2012, 05:11
On the inside of the Jobo 28xx series tanks you will find a number of ridges that run the length of the tank. Those dividing clips slide on the ridges using the slot cut lengthwise in them.

I use 3 of the triangular clips to enable me to proces 4x 5"x7" negatives in a single tank at a time. I load the first two sheets into the tank using the appropriate ridges for the format, then slide on the 3 triangular dividing clips and then load the second set of negatives. If I was using 2 sheets of 8"x10" then I would use 2 of the straight clips to keep them divided.

Jiri Vasina
17-Oct-2012, 05:23
Exactly as Ed said.

I also use 3 of the triangular clips to hold 4sheets of 13x18cm film.

The ridges on the inside are not all the same height - (ridge location described as on clock face) - there is one more protruding ridge at 12 o'clock, then one at 5 6 and 7 each (that makes 3 of them, position is approximate). There are also ridges inbetween, the 12-5 and 7-12, but they are less protruding. These ensure access of the fluid behind the sheets. If you use 8x10" sheets, you slide clips along the 12 and 6 o'clock ridge (and the film fits nicely on both sides 12-6 and 6-12). If you use 13x18cm or 5x7" sheets, you put the films between 12-5 and 7-12 ridges, and place the clips on the 12 5 and 7 ridge.

I hope this makes it a little more clear...

Jiri

freecitizen
8-May-2017, 06:31
I know this is an old thread ..... but I am thinking of using a Jobo 2840 with the film clips mentioned above to develop 5x7 film ( 4 at a time )

Using a CPE2 Jobo, or some other means of rotating.

I want to ask if these film clips cause turbulence when rotating ? Do they give uneven development because they alter the smooth flow of developer over the film ?

Any experienced user comments much appreciated.

George Losse
8-May-2017, 06:45
yes they can cause turbulence. They did when I used them, but that was also with 8x20 inch films and a 3063 tank.
You would be much better off processing 5x7 film in a 3006 tank. On the plus side it can also do six sheets at a time.
Downside is it won't work with the CPE2 processor. You would need a CPA processor or a simple motor base to use the 3006 tank. I used a motor base with the 3005 tanks for years before I finally broke down and bought a CPA processor.