PDA

View Full Version : Frame Destination?

Mark Stahlke
13-Oct-2012, 12:20
I'm thinking about buying some large frames from Frame Destination. I looked through old threads here and they seem to be highly regarded. Those threads are getting old. Does anyone have recent experience with Frame Destination? Are they still as good as their reputation? Are there other frame shops I should consider?

Thanks for your replies.

vinny
13-Oct-2012, 12:22
I do not but have had great customer service from americanframe.com with both custom wood and put-together aluminum.

Gem Singer
13-Oct-2012, 13:43
I'm with Vinny on this one.

Been doing business with American Frame for many years.

Great service and reasonable prices.

jeroldharter
13-Oct-2012, 13:58
I have ordered multiple times from FDI. I just went through an order of ~40 22x28 frames and ~20 22x22 Nielson type 15 frames ordered with fome-cor, 4-ply mounting board, 8-ply mat board, and acrylic. They are excellent to deal with. No good framing is cheap, but you do get volume discounts. Their packing is the best I have seen. Mine came on a pallet, the frames come fully assembled and individually wrapped in plastic. The frames are clean without burrs and grit. I can tell that someone who has frames photos has worked on my order.

On my last order, they made an error on some of the mat measurements (only time that has happened). I took some pictures with a ruler to illustrate the error and they shipped me new mats immediately, no questions asked and no cost to me.

A small thing that makes a big difference: their film that protects both sides of the acrylic comes off easily. I have worked with other acrylic where it is a tedious nightmare removing the protective film and takes a long time. FDI's film rips off in one pass if your arms are long enough.

Sometimes they have discount codes on APUG but I always seem to miss those.

FDI is the only place I order from now, so a big thumbs up from me.

Jim Fitzgerald
13-Oct-2012, 14:28
I have used FDI for years and have NEVER had a problem. They are the best in my book. I just had a show with 43 images with 8 ply mats and frames and they were perfect. You will love the way they pack your orders.

Amedeus
13-Oct-2012, 14:32
Frame Destination all the way for me ... Yes, I tried others as well ...

Peter De Smidt
13-Oct-2012, 15:41
I've had good experiences with Frame Destination as well.

Roger Thoms
13-Oct-2012, 15:48
I've also had very good experiences with FDI, about half a doz. orders with the last one being about a year ago. I was at Jim Fitzgerald's show at his frames and mats looked great.

Roger

Sylvester Graham
13-Oct-2012, 21:39
Don't forget to check out DIY frame shops if you know your way around a T square and want to save some money, while supporting local economy AT THE SAME TIME.

Jim Jones
14-Oct-2012, 06:31
My last order from FDI arrived promptly a few weeks ago with the fine quality and competative price of several previous orders.

Richard Wasserman
14-Oct-2012, 07:53
Add me to the list of very happy FDI customers. They have always delivered quickly with great packing and customer service.

z_photo
14-Oct-2012, 15:20
Also just had a large order delivered from frame destination. Easy and fast turnaround as always.

fdi
15-Oct-2012, 07:37
Wow, thanks for the great recommendations for Frame Destination everyone! American Frame is also a very good company, so if we don't have something you need, I am sure they can take good care of you as well.

Cheers,
Mark
President
http://www.framedestination.com/

Michael Graves
15-Oct-2012, 08:28
http://www.framingsupplies.com/aluminumandwoodframes.htm?48,26 is an excellent resource for bulk framing material. The only down side is that they pack everything so well, that if it arrives in October, you're still getting the shrink-wrap off of it in December.

Lon Overacker
19-Oct-2012, 15:46
Another positive vote for FDI. Multiple orders. Had one large frame where the tolerance between the frame and matching acrylic didn't fit. As others have experienced, the replaced both, no questions asked and in a timely fashion. Will continue to do business with them.

Lon

rich815
19-Oct-2012, 20:49
+1 from me too. Nothing but terrific experiences in the two shipments I've used them for. Great packing, great materials, very good prices.

Michael Kadillak
20-Oct-2012, 07:28
Just got an order from Westfall Framing and it was cheaper and the customer service was great. I have found that getting glass locally is much more cost effective given the cost of fuel. Check out their website and compare the pricing yourself.