PDA

View Full Version : Does Omega ProLab II Use the Same Film Cassette as the D5500 One?

RedSun
12-Oct-2012, 05:41
Omega D5500 and ProLab II are the same enlarger with different head. The D5500 uses the film cassette. ProLabII uses an adapter plate that adapt to the standard D5 carriers.

Does anyone know if ProLabII can use the same film cassette from the D5500?
Thanks.

Greg Blank
12-Oct-2012, 10:40
Prolab D5500 Chassis could though you needed the cassette carrier to hold the masks.

RedSun
12-Oct-2012, 11:23
There was one complete recently sold. It was for D5500 and I was not certain about my ProLabII. Well, at lease there are plenty D5 carriers around and they are cheap. Any advantages of the cassette/carrier other than that you do not have to lift the head to replace the film?

Thanks for telling me.

ic-racer
12-Oct-2012, 14:57
I'm not sure what pieces you need for the conversion, but there was a condenser head version of the D5500 that did not lift up and down like the ProLab II. Head was essentially the same as the ProLab II condenser, but it did not mount with the parallelogram lifting mechanism. It mounted solidly to the chassis, with the cassette between the two.

RedSun
12-Oct-2012, 20:09
I have the original printed D5500/ProlabII manual, but the quality was very bad. So that means D5500 uses cassette and ProlabII uses the high mounting bars and the D5 carrier adapter plates.

Then you could mount the DV head directly with the chassis, without the lift arms, but you need the cassette. I think this is how it works.