PDA

View Full Version : Old Linhof 10cm X 15cm

David Kerr
14-Mar-2004, 14:30
This old Linhof (Medizin) mfg. in the late '30's is in mint condition but unusable for the lack of film. I have a pack film holder for it but no sheet film holder and wonder if one was ever made. If not, I may consider somehow converting to 4 X 5. I would love to be able to use it.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ernest Purdum
14-Mar-2004, 15:32
I'm sure holders were made, and you could probably find some on the German eBay. Hoowever, since an adapter to use 4" X 5" film could be made which would not at all damage the camera, going that route would seem simpler, since even after you got the holders, then you would need to find a (probably limited) source for film. Get a Graflok back (they're on eBay just about constantly) and go on from there.

A hint. In searching for "graflok", try graphlok, graflock, graflox etc., I've seen as many as five variations show up on the same day. Spelling is a dying art.

James Driscoll
14-Mar-2004, 15:51
You can get 10x15cm film from J and C Photo....it is a rather cool format about 4x6".....

You can find single shot 10x15cm metal holders.....dealers in the USA do have them you just have to scrounge. try www.glennview.com.

Ole Tjugen
16-Mar-2004, 13:04
It's possible that I might have a single sheet holder that might fit. I'll take a look next time I'm in the "collection" (big heap of old stuff). If I have one, you can have it.