PDA

View Full Version : a new book and exhibition from William Clift

Oren Grad
9-Oct-2012, 15:56
William Clift has just published a new book, "Mont St Michel and Shiprock", with 132 pictures made over the period 1973-2010. I received my copy today. Some of the pictures have previously been published elsewhere, but many of them are new to me.

http://www.williamclift.com/

He will also be exhibiting on this theme in 2013, first at the Phoenix Art Museum (announcement not yet up) and then at the New Mexico Museum of Art in Santa Fe.

http://www.nmartmuseum.org/site/explore/upcoming/shiprock-and-mont-st.-michel-photographs-by-william-clift.html

Kirk Gittings
9-Oct-2012, 19:22
Sweet-one of my favorite all time photographers.

frotog
10-Oct-2012, 05:55
Excellent. Thanks for posting. To my mind one of just a few straight-ahead landscape photographers who've managed to work outside of Ansel's picturesque shadow. His brother was a pretty good actor too!

Peter Lewin
10-Oct-2012, 07:45
Excellent. Thanks for posting. To my mind one of just a few straight-ahead landscape photographers who've managed to work outside of Ansel's picturesque shadow. His brother was a pretty good actor too!
First, thanks, Oren, for the heads-up. I have both of Clift's earlier books, and he is definitely one of my favorite photographers. I'll have to put the newest book on my "for myself" holiday list!

But for frotog, you've got my curiosity about William Clift's family tree. The photographer was born in 1944, the actor (Montgomery Clift) in 1920, which seems a big spread for brothers. On the other hand, the photographer's full name is William Brooks Clift, which is the same name as Montgomery Clift's father, and Montgomery had a brother named William Brooks Clift Jr., but the brother was older than Montgomery, not 24 years younger... I haven't been able to find much on-line, although the similarity in names cannot be coincidental. Can you or anyone fill in the blanks?

frotog
10-Oct-2012, 08:08
Peter, thanks for your sleuthing. A museum curator told me of the family relation a while back. Your research most likely suggests that the photographer Clift is the son of the actor's older brother.

Kerik Kouklis
10-Oct-2012, 10:39
Love his work. I have Certain Places. The new book sounds great.

Kirk Gittings
10-Oct-2012, 11:11
Peter, thanks for your sleuthing. A museum curator told me of the family relation a while back. Your research most likely suggests that the photographer Clift is the son of the actor's older brother.

Yes I know him a bit. MC was his uncle if I remember right.

Eric Biggerstaff
10-Oct-2012, 12:32
Great news and I will be getting it, I have all of his others.

I knew this was coming from a correspondence we had a year or so ago, so I am very excited!

He is one of my all time favorites.

Peter Lewin
11-Oct-2012, 20:02
First, let me reiterate that Mr. Clift is one of my very favorite photographers, and I do have both Certain Places and A Hudson Landscape, but am I the only one who thinks that $25 shipping fee on top of a $125 book is a bit steep? I know I will have to get over it, since I really do want the book (and like to support Clift's work) but given domestic book mail costs, my initial reaction was negative (not to the book price, where the photographer can set the price wherever he or she wants, but to the shipping charges).

frotog
13-Oct-2012, 07:16
Peter, I can sympathize.

I plan to experience the book on loan, from my local library's inter-library loan system. These days I can't justify collecting stuff that's dear - what might one hope to accomplish by actually owning this stuff? Eventual resale once it becomes even more collectible?

I'm still in the process of a massive deaccession of photo books - some of which have become quite collectible. I realized that I've internalized the pleasure of viewing the images from multiple viewings and that the real pleasure lies there, not in the knowledge that I own the book. And with the inter-library loan system I can rest assured that if I do feel the need to revisit books (even rare, out-of-print titles), I can. It's incredibly liberating to get rid of all these treasures and at the same time support an endangered local institution - the public library.

hmf
16-Oct-2012, 11:59
William Clift has just published a new book, "Mont St Michel and Shiprock", with 132 pictures made over the period 1973-2010. I received my copy today. Some of the pictures have previously been published elsewhere, but many of them are new to me.

http://www.williamclift.com/

He will also be exhibiting on this theme in 2013, first at the Phoenix Art Museum (announcement not yet up) and then at the New Mexico Museum of Art in Santa Fe.

http://www.nmartmuseum.org/site/explore/upcoming/shiprock-and-mont-st.-michel-photographs-by-william-clift.html

Do you have "A Hudson Landscape" as well? I'm wondering about a comparison of the reproduction quality of the two books. I have "A Hudson Landscape" and enjoy the images, but find the printing a little flat.

Oren Grad
16-Oct-2012, 13:44
Do you have "A Hudson Landscape" as well? I'm wondering about a comparison of the reproduction quality of the two books. I have "A Hudson Landscape" and enjoy the images, but find the printing a little flat.

I do. I wouldn't call it reproduction *quality* so much as reproduction *character* - a brief correspondence I had with him long ago drove home that he thinks of this as an esthetic decision. I happen to like "Hudson" very much. Anyway, the production character is different this time. As you've seen, "A Hudson Landscape" has a matte finish. "Mont St Michel and Shiprock" has a sort of semigloss finish, more typical of what is commonly seen in commercially published high-end photography monographs. I've been so used to the look-and-feel of "Certain Places" and "A Hudson Landscape" that this different look is taking a bit of getting used to.

Oren Grad
13-Nov-2012, 18:33
Details of the exhibition are now up at both of the currently-scheduled venues:

Phoenix Art Museum (12/22/12-4/1/13):

http://www.phxart.org/exhibitions/de8e3af8-e574-45b0-2c06-c74e8d1fd1fa

New Mexico Museum of Art (4/19/13-9/8/13):

mdm
13-Nov-2012, 21:42
Try $90 shipping to me. No thanks. Books are very expensive to ship properly, many that come here are dinged in the mail, but still $90. That can pay for a very large box and a lot of padding.
Peter, I can sympathize.

I plan to experience the book on loan, from my local library's inter-library loan system. These days I can't justify collecting stuff that's dear - what might one hope to accomplish by actually owning this stuff? Eventual resale once it becomes even more collectible?

I'm still in the process of a massive deaccession of photo books - some of which have become quite collectible. I realized that I've internalized the pleasure of viewing the images from multiple viewings and that the real pleasure lies there, not in the knowledge that I own the book. And with the inter-library loan system I can rest assured that if I do feel the need to revisit books (even rare, out-of-print titles), I can. It's incredibly liberating to get rid of all these treasures and at the same time support an endangered local institution - the public library.

arthur berger
19-Nov-2012, 07:21
I just received my copy of Bill Clift's new book. It seems worth every penny to me. And by the way the postage on the box was $24.20 and that was priority to New Jersey. Bill has it all figured out for you doubters.

Robert Langham
29-Mar-2013, 14:46
I don't think there are any Clift doubters in here! I've got a copy and find it quite interesting, though I think he needed a very aggressive editor to pare down the selection a bit. It's got quite compelling sequencing and Paul Kane's poems resonate on just the right level. The more I consider it I wish he had gone with two separate books. Many well-known images and a lot of new ones. Can't wait to see what the curator in Santa Fe does with the 132 selections. I'm sure the print quality is staggering! Can't wait to see his choices on print size.

92260 Late evening shadow and powerplant, Shiprock, New Mexico

Kirk Gittings
19-Apr-2013, 23:15
Terrific opening tonight in SF for William Clift with a lot of old and new friends. I've got to go back when its not crowded to really experience the work. Many of these images are virtually religious icons to photographers like myself and deserve some quite time. If there is one photo show you see this year this should be it.

peter schrager
19-Apr-2013, 23:41
where is the show

Kirk Gittings
19-Apr-2013, 23:55
Santa Fe

http://www.nmartmuseum.org/site/explore/current/shiprock-and-mont-st.-michel-photographs-by-william-clift.html

jb7
20-Apr-2013, 02:13
Well that's good- I'll be visiting Santa Fe and Shiprock in June-
I seldom get a chance to take advantage of the shows published here, though I'm sure I would have stumbled into that one...

Robert Langham
20-Apr-2013, 06:42
I bet this is a mind-blowing show that deserves repeat visits and contemplation. I expect to get to see it in early June. Let's hope it gets some travelling- Maybe to Amon Carter in Fort Worth!

PS: The book is worth the money.

93661 East Dike, Shiprock.

Kirk Gittings
20-Apr-2013, 10:18
This is one to see if humanly possible.

Jan Pietrzak
20-Apr-2013, 17:39
What better way to spend a Friday night, than to see the work of a master photographer. A body of word that holds on to you for days. A show that I will need to go back and see again. and again. The opening was like old home week with new and old friends. But the night was to go on with dinner with some friends from the show. Some talk about the work. A great night was had by all. The only thing that was missing was a good class of Port.

Jan

Kirk Gittings
20-Apr-2013, 17:50
That was one fun night. You guys were a hoot.

Greg Y
20-Apr-2013, 18:38
I'm looking forward to seeing the exhibit. SF!

Robert Langham
22-Apr-2013, 01:23
How many prints did they hang? Were they split into separate sections- MSt M and Shiprock or intermingled? What are the print sizes? Give us a few details!

Kirk Gittings
22-Apr-2013, 09:04
Going back again tomorrow. I have to deliver some prints I sold and am going to swing by for a visit when it is not so crowded.

Number of prints? A lot. I don't know maybe 50?

They are intermingled somewhat but as small groupings on one place or the other. It is IMHO brilliant thematically. 40 years of effort and it shows.

Sizes range from maybe 5x7 to a couple large panoramas maybe 3' long. Most are more like 16x20ish on average.

Robert Langham
22-Apr-2013, 10:17
What an opportunity that would be, to hang and sequence that show. 50 sounds about right. I imagine one of the panoramas must be the grazing sheep on the West side. What's the other?

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see these prints.

Kirk Gittings
22-Apr-2013, 10:21
The "curator" is a good friend of mine. WC is a total control freak (We admire that in many ways). The show may as well have been personally hung by him. Can't remember what the other panorama is. Maybe I am dreaming.

mdm
22-Apr-2013, 15:24
I dont know about the pictures, having never seen any, but he is a super decent fellow to deal with. The good news is his overseas shipping price has come down since I last looked at this thread.

Kirk Gittings
24-Apr-2013, 09:08
With visiting friend and photo historian Heather S. Sonntag in tow. I had to deliver some prints to the Capital Art Collection so we swung by the William Clift exhibit at the New Mexico Art Museum-twice in 5 days for me! Well worth it to see the images without having to navigate the legions of WC devotees. I must say being there nearly alone and able to really contemplate the images without distraction was so much more powerful and rewarding. I'm thinking I need one more trip to fully digest them. Heather, though a scholar of colonial period Russian expeditionary photography, was suitably impressed.

Eric Biggerstaff
24-Apr-2013, 15:11
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could see this, William Clift is the type of photographer I dream of being! One of my all time favorites.

Jan Pietrzak
25-Apr-2013, 09:08
Eric,

As my wife would say it's just an afternoon drive to Denver, so lets go. The show will be up until the 6th of September.

Jan

Eric Biggerstaff
25-Apr-2013, 09:09
Great!

I am coming down for a few days in July or August, so I will be going for sure.

Thanks Jan!

Jan Pietrzak
25-Apr-2013, 09:19
Eric,

Let me know, when you are coming down, maybe lunch??? we will see if we can get Kirk to come up from ABQ???

Jan

Eric Biggerstaff
25-Apr-2013, 09:34
Sounds great!

Kirk Gittings
26-Apr-2013, 20:18
William Clift video. It starts at 2 mintes in:http://portal.knme.org/video/2364995684

Oren Grad
26-Apr-2013, 21:17
William Clift video. It starts at 2 mintes in:http://portal.knme.org/video/2364995684

Kirk - thanks, I enjoyed that very much. I hope the show will find its way east - I still remember well his "Hudson Landscape" show all those years ago.

Robert Langham
29-Apr-2013, 09:42
Thanks for posting that. Always a treat to get to hear and see Clift talking.

94250 The Dot, Shiprock, NM.

mdm
9-May-2013, 16:41
That is a book I will look at many times. For me it is up there with favourite Paul Strand books. Sell a kidney for a copy.

Alan Curtis
10-May-2013, 07:49
I just received William Clifts book, it is spectacular, phenomenal photography. I spend over an hour going through it the first time. I would have never envisioned a book that focused on Mont St. Michel and Shiprock, Bill makes it absolutely natural. As others have said, make sure you get a copy.

Kirk Gittings
10-May-2013, 08:24
And try and get to SF to see the exhibit. I've been twice and will go again. It is up through August and is not traveling further.

Alan Curtis
10-May-2013, 08:50
After seeing the book and several other of his photographs I'm rearranging my summer travels so I can get to Santa Fe before the show closes.

jb7
10-May-2013, 09:42
Camera geek question- what format does William Clift use? These are inkjet prints in the exhibition, no? Just wondering...

Jan Pietrzak
10-May-2013, 09:49
jb7,

I think the best way to tell you about his work and prints is to see the video http://portal.knme.org/video/2364995684 I think is says it all.

Jan

jb7
10-May-2013, 10:03
Thank you Jan, I always seem to be on the ipad when I click that link, I haven't put the flash player on it yet-
Must make a note to visit it when I'm on the computer-

Joseph

Sal Santamaura
10-May-2013, 10:26
Camera geek question- what format does William Clift use?...

...I think the best way to tell you about his work and prints is to see the video...I've no idea if it's his main or only format, but in the video he's printing from 5x7.

Alan Curtis
10-May-2013, 11:03
When I ordered his book from him I asked about format. He stated that he has no specific allegiance to any format. He uses 35mm through 8x10.

Robert Langham
10-May-2013, 12:48
God willing, get to see the show in a few weeks when I am in the area. Can't wait to see the selections and sequence. Does anyone know if the little sage plant that is on the cover made the show? That's an intriguing image.

94845 Northeast dike from the North Buttress, Shiprock, New Mexico, 2012.

Robert Langham
10-May-2013, 13:02
Clift has shot 8X10, 4X5, 5X7, Polaroid instants, roll film, anything that falls to hand. I've got a copy of Desert Form #1 up by the front door that I THINK is 8X10. Got another borrowed image that must be 4X5. Bought a Mont St Michele ebay print that fits 5X7 format, though I've heard that most of his shooting there was 4X5. One of the Shiprock images in the new book looks like 35mm TX. There is a color shot in the Hudson book. Format doesn't matter to him it seems, only the vision. He's pretty good!

94846 Shiprock, 2012

jb7
10-May-2013, 14:16
Thank you Sal, Alan, Robert-

Robert, it seems you're working on your own book- we received your dossier on Shiprock today, and I've seen it on FaceTime- you're very generous, that's an extremely comprehensive document, complete with photographs, maps- I don't know how to begin to thank you, it will be very useful in the limited time we'll have available there.

Forever in your debt...

I've met some great people through this forum, shame the timing might not work out this time, but look forward to the next time our paths might cross at Shiprock-

Joseph

Robert Langham
10-May-2013, 16:35
Welcome. Glad to help. Hope it gives you a little info on where to go and when! Shiprock a great place, just watch out for indians parking near your car, (theft), and...poltergeists. Don't investigate any strange sounds! In general, they are just trying to lure you nearer an edge or waste your time.

94848 Shiprock shadow and road, 2009.

Robert Langham
11-May-2013, 06:15
JB7: Seems like you said something about video- check the Blackfork 6 Channel on Youtube. Several Shiprock Videos on there. Caution- I'm not really much of a video person and they are done while actually working- mostly just waving iphone around like a nut, but they do show Shiprock, camera set-up, lighting, etc. If you love Shiprock you will get to see it from a photographer's perspective.

Here's a typical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF7knPx60Aw&list=UU1kh_90w4j8wJh3j-ms3jJg&index=28

jb7
11-May-2013, 16:21
JB7: Seems like you said something about video- check the Blackfork 6 Channel on Youtube. Several Shiprock Videos on there. Caution- I'm not really much of a video person and they are done while actually working- mostly just waving iphone around like a nut, but they do show Shiprock, camera set-up, lighting, etc. If you love Shiprock you will get to see it from a photographer's perspective.

Here's a typical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF7knPx60Aw&list=UU1kh_90w4j8wJh3j-ms3jJg&index=28

You know Robert, I had found your videos already- I did search on youtube a while ago. Quite a lot of clambering, and shorts.

You do seem a lot more energetic than I feel I could possibly be- especially on something that is all escarpment. Your videos also show the impossibility of distilling the essence of the place, for me, as a short time tourist, especially on a big camera. There is an argument that it should just be enjoyed, the memories intnalized. I suppose William Clift, a short drive away, has the best opportunities to really come to terms with the place in all its seasons-

Still enjoying all your pictures, it will be good to get there, though I have to admit, I don't have a landscaper's sensibilities, and will find it difficult to make pictures that make it past my own internal editor- no matter how spectacular the subject matter. There's also the matter of photo tourism to reckon with; perhaps more meaningful pictures are made closer to home- wherever that may be...

Robert Langham
12-May-2013, 08:19
You are welcome. Glad to be any help I can. Hardly a level spot in San Juan County, (Shiprock). I do like getting up. It's like the 60s. You just can't get high ENOUGH.

94912 The Dance Floor and Shiprock, 2012.

Kirk Gittings
17-May-2013, 22:03
I had a commercial shoot in SF today and during a break my assistant and I went to the Clift exhibit and then over to Andrew Smith's. My third trip so far to the Clift. I have at least one more planned with my students at SFUAD in July. My assistant was suitably impressed.

As well as a variety of formats, I also saw a variety of print types, silver, gold toned silver, graded silver, multi-contrast silver and injet (could be wrong on some of those, but that is my best guess). All absolutely superb and beautiful. A testament also to the fact that inkjet has clearly arrived when crafted by a master printer.

Alan Curtis
18-May-2013, 04:39
After purchasing Clifts new book, a few emails with him I then purchased another of his books "Certain Places". I have now changed my summer travel plans to go to Santa Fe in June to see his show. Being a member of this forum is expensive but, rewarding.

Robert Langham
9-Jun-2013, 09:04
I got to walk the Clift Exhibit coming and going from Shiprock last week. I'm a reasonable printer, I think. I'd been over to Andrew Smith and not seen anything I couldn't equal or at least understand. Going through the Clift show made me blink. Unbelieveable prints. As a matter of perspective, I know the subject matter at Shiprock as well as Clift or better, and have been to Mont St. Michele. His prints are very soft without being flat. He's getting warmer tones than I thought possible. Some of his skies are slightly pink, but it's so subtle you think your eyes are fooling you. The show is hung on gray-greenish walls and the frames are such a tricky shade of luscious latex light gray it makes you want to clean your glasses or wash your face with cold water to clear your vision.

The show is hung with Shiprock on the right and Mont St Michele on the left. There are about 70 prints. (70 prints is about what I would have cut the show to from 130+ in the book.) There are slightly more Ship than Mont. They range from playing card size to 20X24 with one longer muralish piece, (Grazing sheep in front of Shiprock). Most are in the 7X9 range. There are two to a frame a few times, four to a frame once. They hang along a wide hallway/gallery with a series of alcoves, three on each side. The entrance to the show has a standing wall in front with the two little prints from the front of the book hung together in one frame. Behind you are a couple of chairs, the book and a flat screen to view a video interview with Clift. There are no titles. There are a couple of information panels. There aren't any of Paul Kanes poems and I'm slightly surprised at that.

Some of the smallest are small objects, but at least one of the 4X5 contact size is a shadow below Mont St Michele. The largest print is the mural of Shiprock with grazing sheep from NW. The next largest is a superb print of the shadow of MSM from the Cathedral tower, looking past the rooftops and gargoyles.

I went to the show, looked, left and ate lunch at the Plaza Cafe and came back. Then 8 days at Shiprock sleeping in a Pathfinder in the desert. Then BACK through Santa Fe to walk through, have lunch at the Plaza, then walk through again. It's really a special show.

Those pink skies. Someone go look and tell me I haven't broken a blood vessel in my eye. It's really subtle.

Wayne
9-Jun-2013, 09:22
I saw the exhibit in April. Well executed photography, certainly, but it didn't really grab me in any way.

Sal Santamaura
9-Jun-2013, 12:22
...The show is hung on gray-greenish walls...Those pink skies. Someone go look and tell me I haven't broken a blood vessel in my eye. It's really subtle.Haven't been there, but could it be simply explained as an afterimage from looking at the greenish walls? :)

Kirk Gittings
9-Jun-2013, 12:51
As Kate Ware (the curator) said "damn that son-of-a-bitch can print!". I have only seen pink ish skies (and from my experience it is only on a couple of prints-I have been there three times so far) it only comes from a gold toner on some graded papers.

IMHO (I have long been a WC fan but seen little of it first hand) it is a magnificent show-one of the best I have ever seen. One of the prints there, when I first saw it some 30 years ago, made me completely rethink my whole approach to b&w LP.

I will be taking my class at SFUAD there in July and Kate Ware, has graciously agreed to give our class a talk on WC and this exhibit.

mdm
9-Jun-2013, 12:54
Anything is possible if printed with an inkjet?

Robert Langham
9-Jun-2013, 14:09
It all looked like silver prints to me. Also forgot to add that they have some two-toned music droning on the overhead. Two notes, back and forth. It sounds a lot better than I am describing it and of course it's another sensory mood-shaper. It's like the opposite of banjo. Clift really understands the importance of black and white print color and can do something about it.

Kirk Gittings
9-Jun-2013, 15:19
I know for a fact that some were inkjet, but with all my lifetime of experience printing b&w I haven't been able to definitively determine which is which. Some people say all of them are but I don't think so. I'll get a chance to find out next trip when Kate Ware gives her talk.

gth
9-Jun-2013, 17:39
How much are his prints selling for?

Kirk Gittings
9-Jun-2013, 18:05
Don't know exactly. On the secondary market his vintage prints go for 2-7 thousand from what I understand.

Robert Langham
10-Jun-2013, 12:18
I can't imagine how others "see" the show. I know the place so well that I can identify all the locations, time of day and even season. I'm sure that affects my experience of the show.

I've seen his prints on ebay go for 1600.00 shipped to your door down to 1200.00. Those were classic images, on 16X20. There is a little White House they keep listing at about 1500.00 or make offer.

Kirk: I'd love to know which one is a digital print. Great technique.

Chuck Pere
12-Jun-2013, 06:13
A question for people who have the book and have seen the exhibition. Does the book print color reflect the actual color of the exhibition prints?

Robert Langham
12-Jun-2013, 07:25
They are in the same ballpark. Clift likes a very warm print, in general. I think the show prints are even warmer than the book. He can print nearly blue on occasion. My experience was that images that didn't move me in the book had amazing print quality in the show.

jb7
23-Jun-2013, 12:27
I've just been to see the exhibition, and on Robert Langham's recommendation, am now sitting in the Plaza Cafe, about to order a Green Chile Cheeseburger for lunch-

Great prints, perhaps not universally great photographs, in my very humble opinion, but the great photographs more than compensated. Robert's review says it all, and better than I could, a beautifully hung and presented show.

The real star of the show is the venue; the New Mexico Museum of Art from 1917, beautifully detailed and massed. This is my first time in New Mexico, and I'm completely smitten by the pueblo style. Santa Fe is a very pretty town. got to move on however, more to see here, but I'm not really going to get a chance, though I'll pass through again on Thursday, and will hopefully have a chance to see the Georgia O'Keefe museum.

As to the printing, difficult to tell behind the expensive glass, though I suppose one clue might be the fact that the prints are all so universally clean. If they're silver prints they're certainly the work of a master printer. If they're inkjet, well, it's easier to produce clean prints off a computer. I'm not really sure it matters in the context of the exhibition; I chided myself for being sidetracked by even thinking about it.

Ok, Modelo Especial is getting warm, and the lunch can't be far off...

jb7
23-Jun-2013, 12:41
Btw, I know chili is not spelled like the country, but it is on this menu, where I'm also told that the Guinness is imported from Iceland...

Would recommend the burger and the quesadillas though...

Robert Langham
23-Jun-2013, 13:08
Travel safe! Glad you are having a great time! It's an unbelieveable drive north.

Alan Curtis
28-Jun-2013, 08:12
I just returned from Santa Fe, viewing the William Clift show, twice. I was in the room so long that the security guards knew me by name. This maybe the best photographic show in my memory, this is not a show that you walk up to a photo and say huh that's a nice photo and move on to the next. There is so much in each of the photographs that you really have to carefully look at each one, from a distance and close. Then look across the room at the photograph of either Shiprook or Mont St. Michel, really amazing. William really captures the mood of both Shiprock and Mont St. Michel, you really feel that you are experiencing both of them by yourself. It is a show that you leave with your own message about the two places, mine was different than my wifes. If you are anywhere near Santa Fe, go. I'm in Florida and went mostly to see the show and would do it again.

Alan Curtis
28-Jun-2013, 12:13
I also had the opportunity to see the Limited edition book Mont St. Michel Shiprock that includes two inkjet photos from the book. They are exceptional, they looked like silver prints to me.

Kirk Gittings
7-Jul-2013, 21:31
Paul Paletti has been visiting. I did not have the time to accompany him today but I sent him to the museum to see the WC show. He was knocked out! He will try and bring a show of his work to Louisville.

Robert Langham
6-Sep-2013, 11:33
Anyone heard where this show is going next? I'm sure it's touring around the Nation. Louisville maybe?

Robert Langham
12-Nov-2013, 06:56
Any updates or news about where this show might be going next?

Robert Langham
6-Jan-2014, 12:22
The official word today is: No destinations yet but they are looking. It was built to travel and will go somewhere sooner or later. If you WANT the show in your local area, please don't be shy- call your local museum curator and ask them if they are getting it. You would be surprised what a few phone calls can do.

andreios
6-Jan-2014, 14:50
I've been asking Mr. Clift about possible showing in Europe, but that seems to be nigh on impossible. Which is sad...