PDA

View Full Version : Alan Ross presentation "Ansel Adams: In Focus"

Terry Hayden
8-Oct-2012, 11:17
On Sunday, October 14th, Spectrum Gallery ( 608 East Olive Ave., Fresno, Ca. ) will be presenting an
illustrated talk by Alan Ross. Alan will cover his time spent as Ansel's assistant as well as his ongoing
work with the estate.

As you all probably know already, Alan is also a master photographer in his own right.

If you are anywhere within driving distance of Fresno this coming Sunday, plan on making the trip -
it will be worth it!

Alan's talk will start at 4:00 p.m. at the gallery. Tickets are $10.00 at the door. Seating is limited,
so please show up early.

Any questions ? Feel free to email me - terry@terryhayden.com

We have set up a facebook event page -

https://www.facebook.com/events/492014320816402/

Basic promo blurb -

[I]Alan will be presenting an illustrated talk: Ansel Adams: In Focus. A personal view of Ansel Adams - his character, his home environment. It will include rarely discussed insights to his visual versatility, his dedication to his deeply felt beliefs, and maybe most wonderfully, his humanity and endearing sense of humor81673

ROL
8-Oct-2012, 17:13
A good reason to go to Fresno?!? :D

(double posted from APUG, as was the OP. And yes, I do know whererof I speak.)

Terry Hayden
9-Oct-2012, 09:43
A good reason to go to Fresno?!? :D

(double posted from APUG, as was the OP. And yes, I do know whererof I speak.)

ROL,

Yup, it's a wonderful reason to visit. While you are here make sure you take an artistic photograph
just to prove Ted Orland wrong :rolleyes:

Neal Chaves
12-Oct-2012, 09:55
Alan Ross was also the first to convert a 4X5 Beseler enlarger to 8X10 and bring the kit to market. This enabled many photographers to take up 8X10 who did not otherwise have the space or funds for a floor-standing enlarger.