PDA

View Full Version : Film

madmax12
7-Oct-2012, 07:58
I bought a Graphic Camera and with all the stuff that came with the camera was some" Kodak Tri X Pan Professional film in the film pack adapter . I have never seen this stuff before, is this a polaroid film or some thing that must be developed. I am sure the film is old so it could be interesting to see how it comes out Any help always appreciated .
I am now going to google to see if there is anything there Craig

danno@cnwl.igs
7-Oct-2012, 09:01
Please give us some idea of your experience / familiarity with film photography, to help us advise you in the right perspective. The film you've named is a standard B&W film that must be developed in chemistry.

Dan

Jim Noel
7-Oct-2012, 09:32
This is individual sheets of film.
To expose:put the holder in the camera>remove the dark slide>make the exposure>replace the dark slide >Pull the paper tab with the number on it -- NOw it is ready for the next exposure
To process: in the darkroom remove the metal tab at the end opposite the paper tabs> remove the sheets of film whose tabs are extended> replace the metal tab> tear the tab fromteh reoved sheets > process the film in normal manner

Be Aware - this is roll film adapted for large format use. Each peice is slightly larger than regular sheet film, and much thinner. It is likely age-fogged. Some benzatriazole in the developer will help to diminish this.

madmax12
8-Oct-2012, 04:42
I have experience with the process of developing film and large format cameras . I had never seen the film in this manner. There are six sheets left and maybe some old images left from the photographer who use to own it . According to the gentlemen that I bought it from was a News paper guy way back. Who knows what might be in the film pack. I can not find the film speed on the packaging so hopefully its on the sheet when I pull it . Were do I find the benzatriazole to add to the developer Jim Thank you for your help.

Jerry Bodine
8-Oct-2012, 10:01
That should be benzotriazole. Here's one source:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=benzotriazole&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=
It's also useful when printing fogged print paper, if you're so inclined.

Bob Farr
8-Oct-2012, 10:46
Do you have any guidelines that can be used when developing old film or paper??

Thanks

joselsgil
8-Oct-2012, 10:52
The Tri-X professional film pack came in a 16 exposure pack. Looking at a film pack I cannot see if it was rated at ASA 320 or 400.

Jerry Bodine
8-Oct-2012, 11:03
Do you have any guidelines that can be used when developing old film or paper??

Thanks

Here's a recent thread about developing old paper:
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?91135-Benzotriazole-%28BZT%29-use-in-defogging-bromide-papers&p=891486&highlight=benzotriazole#post891486