PDA

View Full Version : how to make a print be negative vs. positive?

stradibarrius
5-Oct-2012, 16:57
Is there a way to make a print that comes out looking like the negative rather than the typical positive image?

Vaughn
5-Oct-2012, 17:08
Shoot slide film and print the slide.

Contact a positive print to another piece of paper to get a negative print.

Contact or enlarge your negative onto another piece of film and use the resulting positive to make the negative print.

Oren Grad
5-Oct-2012, 18:52
There are formulas for reversal processing of B&W film; a few people have gone to the trouble of figuring out how to adapt the general approach to make it work with paper. You might try searching over at APUG - I think there's been some discussion there.

Pawlowski6132
5-Oct-2012, 20:09
Easy, make a paper negative. Put your paper in your film holder.

ic-racer
6-Oct-2012, 08:42
Use the Harman direct positive paper for printing your negatives.

stradibarrius
6-Oct-2012, 08:57
If I use a paper negative it will still look like a positive...right??? Sometimes I look at my negatives and think how great they look and wish I could have that as a print.
Will the Harmon Direct paper make the print look negative?

E. von Hoegh
6-Oct-2012, 09:06
If I use a paper negative it will still look like a positive...right??? Sometimes I look at my negatives and think how great they look and wish I could have that as a print.

If you expose paper in the camera and process it normally it will be a negative print. If you use Harman direct positive paper under an enlarger you will get a negative print.

stradibarrius
6-Oct-2012, 09:12
Thanks!!!

ic-racer
7-Oct-2012, 07:17

Put the Harman Direct Positive paper in your camera (you said you are making paper negatives, yes?). That is what the paper is for.

Dan Dozer
8-Oct-2012, 18:48
Mordencage process. Not exactly opposite, but very interesting in it's own right.

Drew Wiley
9-Oct-2012, 13:54
I like the double negative technique. Contact the first neg onto the duplicate.