PDA

View Full Version : Jobo Multitank 5 ???

david clark
10-Mar-2004, 19:12
I have a Jobo Multitank 5, Tanksystem 2500, 2551, complete with two reels that hold 6, 4*5 negs each. Here is my question, if I understand the printing on the tank, I can process 12 negs with 560 ml of developer? is this correct? Also I would like to know what the least number of negs with the least amount of developer in the tank. Also, I plan on floating it in a plastic tub and rotating it by hand, I assume the rotation is slow and constant? Thanks

Nick_3536
10-Mar-2004, 20:45
It sounds like you have a 2551. The least number of sheets is 1 with 560ml of developer. Never less then 560ml but you can use quite a bit more if you want. 560ml sort of assume perfection. If you don't keep everything level it might cause problems. You also need to make sure your developer can handle the number of sheets that you are doing. In addition it's 560ml only if you do sheet film in the batch. If you mix and match roll film then it goes up. Simplest way to rotate the tank is with a motorbase. By hand you're going to need to keep it going. Change the direction every so often. Make sure it stays level. So don't press too much on one end of the tank.

Nick_3536
10-Mar-2004, 20:49
BTW unless you really are trying to save on developer I'd suggest using more then the bare min amount. It won't hurt to use more and it might reduce any problems.

bob moulton
10-Mar-2004, 21:08
With the 2500 tank on a uniroller base or in a Jobo CPA-2 I use 900 ML developer for a fulltank (12 sheets). If I use only one reel ( 6 sheets) I use no less than 800 ML.I use either D-76 1:1 or TMAX RS 1:9 using the John Sexton formula. Using the bare 560 ML r8ns the risk of underdeveloped film/exhausted developer IMHO.

tor kviljo
11-Mar-2004, 01:00
If You are doing b&w (or fuji reversal) and want to process one or two sheets with minimum quantity of chemistry, the JOBO 2553 (?) tank (don't recall the number, but it is the small 25-series tank taking only one 4"x5" reel) also have ribs in the tank for securing 2 sheets of 4"x5" paper (or film) along the tank-wall, i.e. w/o any kind of reel. I have successfully used that one for quick developement of one or two sheets on the ATL. Chemistry usage is about only 60ml if I recall right....For E6, I have had trouble with this type of developing using ektachrome 8"x10" film due to this config. giving less than adequate washing of base side of film (I later learned on photo.net that 8"x10" Ekta have a anti-halo layer on base side, requiring amplechemical-flow to facilitate removing during dev.) . I had no problem with the Fuji RFP & RDP in 8"x10" though - developing numerous of these in the Jobo 28-series/up to 8"x10" print drum (same film-holding ribs as in the 2553 tank)

Larry Gebhardt
11-Mar-2004, 05:56
Jobo also makes a set of rollers for hand rotation that you might want to look into. The used drum bought cam with it, though I have never used it. You could place the rollers in the tub and not fill the water so high that it floats - this should help keep things level. Either way I would prefer a reversing motor base or better a Jobo processor.