PDA

View Full Version : Sinar F2: How to turn the back

macandal
5-Oct-2012, 13:40
I'll do my best explaining the problem, but, be warned, I'm still learning not only how to operate the camera, but what the movements/parts are called.

Right now, my camera is set to take pictures in the "portrait" style. Like this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8031/8039604989_7457880c12_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/11460465@N02/8039604989/)

I want to take pictures in the "landscape" style. How do I do that?

I was trying to figure it out the other day and I wasn't able to do so. I didn't want to break anything, so I was careful not to force anything.

Thanks.

normanv
5-Oct-2012, 14:02
If it's like an F1 you flip up the little lever on the top left corner.81559

macandal
5-Oct-2012, 14:51
If it's like an F1 you flip up the little lever on the top left corner.81559Okay, I don't mean to be an a-hole, but how exactly does one do that? I'm new to LF cameras in general and my F2 in specific, so, like I said, I'm still learning how to use it. You flip the lever on top and then what? Thanks, Norman.

rdenney
5-Oct-2012, 16:08
There is a lever in the upper left corner of the frame, in the same relative location as the lever on the front standard that holds in the lens board, and the two that hold in the bellows. If you raise that lever, the whole back--holder, ground glass, Graflok, all of it--will come loose in one assembly. Remember that Sinar stuff is square. Just remove the back, turn it 90 degrees so that the film holder opening is to the right instead of to the top, reinsert it, and lock it down by pushing that lever down.

When you lifted the lever, you forgot to grab the film back and pull.

Stated another way, the whole film back is inserted and is held in place in the camera the same way as the lens board.

Rick "easy-peasy" Denney

macandal
5-Oct-2012, 16:28
Rick "easy-peasy" DenneyThanks.

normanv
8-Oct-2012, 00:49
On my F1 when I flip the lever the back almost falls out.