PDA

View Full Version : More questions about Beseler 45 MCRX and Dichro Color computer

Bill, 70's military B&W
5-Oct-2012, 12:16
I am closer to getting it done, but I still have a couple of problems.

#1. Light leak around negative carrier, It clamps down but not light tight.

#2. I have a Gralab 505 timer, it has a plug on the side for the enlarger (says enlarger). I plug the main plug from the Dichro 45 into the wall, then I plug the skinny control plug (on the left) from the Dichro 45 into the Gralab plug that says enlarger. The enlarger is on 100% of the time, it does not cycle. No matter what I do to the Gralab 505 the enlarger stays on. Any suggestions?

I do not know how to test the control plug on the Dichro.

Would it hurt the Dichro if I used the main plug to cycle the exposure, I suspect it will so I have not tried it yet.

Thanks,
Bill

Captain_joe6
7-Oct-2012, 00:02
Unplug the skinny wire and the light should go out. If it goes out, the problem is with your timer. Make sure the switch marked "enlarger" is set to "time" unless you are focusing. If the light doesn't go out when you disconnect the thin wire, the problem is with your head and will require some digging around to resolve.

Don't try to switch it with the main plug, bad for the computer.

Beselers are knowns for being...less than light-tight. Some self-adhesive foam applied to the upper section of the negative stage might help.

Bill, 70's military B&W
7-Oct-2012, 06:23
Capt'n, Light is on at all times, skinny wire does nothing. I do understand the simple Gralab 505, everything is labeled very clearly.
When I first brought the color head home the display was not working and I believe it was you who told me to disconnect the PC boards (actually 'wiggle'). I did and it works now.
I'll try the same thing with the skinny wire. Without being able to control the light I'm 'dead in the water'.

I'll pick up some foam and give that a try, sounds like a simple but good idea.

I can not thank everyone on this board enough for all the help, it has really helped. I'm still fighting alligators but the swamp is getting cleared.

When I think of a good quote, I'll post it. Bill

ic-racer
7-Oct-2012, 06:59
The Graylab works? It powers a light bulb on and off?
Try some DeOxit on the connector from timer cable to lamp housing.
Last winter I 'repaired' a friend's Ilford 500 head using DeOxit on the cable connectors.

Bill, 70's military B&W
7-Oct-2012, 18:31
Ic-racer, yes the Gralab works just fine, tested it on a lamp, cycled just like I had it set. I'm dead in the water without this head.
Any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

Is there anyone who could look the Dichro head over for me. I'd be happy to pay someone with experience to see what they can find.
As soon as I get my lenses back from Flutot's I'll be ready to start. I have not shot B&W film since early 70's.

Bill