PDA

View Full Version : My continuing affection for eBay.....

Kuzano
2-Oct-2012, 19:11
Just got my $147 Super Graphic parts camera (ebay) today with enough pieces missing to qualify it as a donor for one of my modified Super Graphic Lite projects... no rangefinder, GG viewing... 3.5 pound with enhanced movements. Going to do tilt back mod on this one.

In any event, the affectionate part. It qualified as a donor for my purposes, but I've already harvested enough infinity stops and an 80mm rangefinder cam to get my money back. In addition, I now have three light tight SG bellows. Two of them show continuity in the three ribbon wires folded into the pleats for the front shutter release (red button) system. You can't find anyone who will make the bellows with the internal ribbons to carry the red button shutter power through the bellows to the front standard. Fred Lustig sold me a used one on my last handheld SG for a LOT of money.

Finally, I reckoned with how much film I was blowing out on hand holding and decided on tripod/GG viewing to save money on the receding supply of LF film. Handholding is for those with much deeper pockets than I currently have. Perhaps commercially one can justify handheld LF. Charge the lost film sheets to the customer.

So much fun!

BrianShaw
2-Oct-2012, 19:16
Good for you. I'm always happy to see someone else happy!

Noah B
2-Oct-2012, 19:19
There are a lot of good deals to be had, I get a bulk of my equipment from sellers on there. Cheers!