PDA

View Full Version : Ebony SV810E outfit. Price?

ThePenguin
2-Oct-2012, 06:30
Hi!
My friend wants me to sell his 8x10 equipment, he bought everything new from Robert White about a year or two ago I think. But what could this be worth now? Everythink is in mint:

- Ebony SV810E
- Schneider Kreuznach Apo Symmar 5.6/240 Multicoating
- Schneider Kreuznach Super Symmar 5.6/210 XL-100 Aspheric MC
- Schneider Kreuznach Super Symmar 5.6/150 Aspheric
- 10x 8X10 film-holders Fidelity Elite

What do you think?

Daniel Stone
2-Oct-2012, 06:45
A big pile of cash, let me elaborate:

The two Super Symmar XL lenses can fetch a nice bit of coin if in super clean condition.
I'd figure in the range of ~£5500-7000($8000-10,000USD) if he has all the boxes, and everything is in really clean condition.

Ebonys IMO are superbly crafted, but insanely(again, IMO) overpriced.
Those Super Symmar XL's are superb lenses, watch out though; that 210XL is a BEAST of a lens, its huge size-wise...

Dan

Oren Grad
2-Oct-2012, 06:52
In your other thread you said that your price range for a camera is $1.5-2K. The price of your friend's outfit new would be more than $15,000 in the US, probably higher still in the UK. Even allowing that your price range was for camera only and that the market for used LF equipment is very soft right now, you are likely to be very far apart.

ThePenguin
2-Oct-2012, 07:13
A big pile of cash, let me elaborate:

The two Super Symmar XL lenses can fetch a nice bit of coin if in super clean condition.
I'd figure in the range of ~£5500-7000($8000-10,000USD) if he has all the boxes, and everything is in really clean condition.

Ebonys IMO are superbly crafted, but insanely(again, IMO) overpriced.
Those Super Symmar XL's are superb lenses, watch out though; that 210XL is a BEAST of a lens, its huge size-wise...

Dan

Allright, do you mean 5500-7000£ for the whole outfit?

Alan Gales
2-Oct-2012, 08:17
I would sell everything separately. Trying to sell it all as a kit would limit your buyers. Like Daniel says it's worth a big pile of cash and not everyone has that but they may have enough for the camera alone.

Also buyers might not be interested in each lens because they may not need that focal length.

I have on occasion made "good" money buying other people's camera kits and parting them out and reselling.

Oren Grad
2-Oct-2012, 08:29
My friend wants me to sell his 8x10 equipment...

My bad, for not reading carefully. Has your friend made clear whether he's more concerned about selling quickly or getting the best price? How long is he willing to wait?

For this kind of outfit, where the key pieces are individually quite expensive, I agree with Alan about parting out rather than trying to sell as a unit.

Frank Petronio
2-Oct-2012, 08:44
If he is lowballing it then I'll fly over to England with $3000 and pay cash.

Daniel Stone
2-Oct-2012, 10:50
If he is lowballing it then I'll fly over to England with $3000 and pay cash.

I'd pay $3005, and treat him to a round at his favorite pub ;)

Not that I need any equipment, I'm needing to liquidate :D anyhow

Dan