PDA

View Full Version : CPP3 at Photokina

evan clarke
23-Sep-2012, 11:17
Anybody see it?

Cletus
24-Sep-2012, 08:51
I thought Jobo went out of business a couple years ago? Did someone else take up their mantle? Or Jobo news was just a rumor? (or maybe "CPP3" refers to something completely different)...

Sevo
24-Sep-2012, 09:08
I thought Jobo went out of business a couple years ago?

Jobo had to file for the German equivalent of Chapter 11 some time ago, mostly due to them being heavily engaged in the design and marketing of portable image stores, a market that entirely vanished under the onslaught of cheap huge memory cards and media capable smartphones. But they never closed shop, and the survivable parts or the company (including their tanks and processors section) emerged again.

taulen
24-Sep-2012, 09:36
http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/products/4516/jobo-cpp3-film-print-processor
and
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/new-jobo-cpp3-film-and-print-processor-18905

But no, havent heard any news after photokina =/

Edit:
Found this picture, apparantly from photokina
http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,3253,l%253D302835%2526a%253D302818%2526po%253D25,00.asp?p=n

Kevin J. Kolosky
24-Sep-2012, 10:24
What I don't understand is why those machines aren't made here. At their price point it would seem to me that even a small company in the us could make a go of making a machine like that.

Greg Blank
24-Sep-2012, 10:33
The machine would need to be different or it would infringe on existing patents.

koh303
24-Sep-2012, 14:33
8097080969I just got back from Photokina.

I will be posting a complete update and news from photokina with regards to the CPP3 protoype shown at the show, and some more exciting info from Jobo officials.
For the mean while you can see the initial update on our blog - but i will post a dedicated LFF post to quench some the thirst for the new CPP3....

For now - here are two photos i took at the Jobo booth!

Roger Cole
24-Sep-2012, 17:25
Awesome it's going to be available, not so awesome about the price. The price in your post from August translates to, at today's exchange rates, $3673.95. That's at least a thousand dollars too much for me to consider it (not buy, consider.) One question about that though - any plans for a US distributor? The price says it includes VAT so presumably it might be a bit less expensive here. That's also MSRP and I've no idea if discounts from that might be available. For some things (cars, for example) MSRP is almost meaningless, for others its pretty firm.

koh303
24-Sep-2012, 17:33
I have just finished updating the blog with an in depth review of the new machine.
As for US distribution - that remains to be determined. The MSRP has already changed since the August post and is now mentioned as 2000GBP including a 19% UK vat, which will be deducted if ordered from abroad. This 19% difference will most likely be offset by such things as import cost and shipping. That does bring the price down, but still does not solve the question of shipping and service\warranty in the US, which have yet be to be determined.

Please see my blog post for a note about an upgrade option that Jobo is considering that might create a different price point for existing CPA2 ans CPP2 users, though it remains to be seen if this will become an actual option, and if so how much it will affect the price.

vinny
24-Sep-2012, 18:05
You'd think they would have at least changed that piece of shit lift handle for that kinda money. I guess it's good for lifting your empty test drum? Here that? It just broke. Haha

koh303
24-Sep-2012, 18:15
Thats when an aftermarket lift assist handle for a few measly bucks becomes a good investment. Think of it as a fire extinguisher in on the dash of a corvair, its an aftermarket addition too... :)

Roger Cole
24-Sep-2012, 18:25
There's an aftermarket lift handle? That would be cool - but even on my CPE2 with the smallest drums, even with the 1500 series, I just use the handle to lift the base of the lift out of the water then raise it mainly with my right hand on that.

vinny
24-Sep-2012, 19:16
Roger, buy a strip of 1" wide aluminum from the hardware store, bend a dog leg on one end for a handle that sticks out of the water, zip tie it to the rods the drums ride on.

For $3500, I want aftermarket parts to be unnecessary. Sorry.

jeroldharter
24-Sep-2012, 20:26
My right hand was always my accessory lift arm with the Jobo.

A bit rich for my blood, but if you process a lot of film and have Jobo drums it can make sense.

evan clarke
25-Sep-2012, 04:01
Thats when an aftermarket lift assist handle for a few measly bucks becomes a good investment. Think of it as a fire extinguisher in on the dash of a corvair, its an aftermarket addition too... :)

Any comment on when they will start shipping? I got in the day they announced it for the free lift deal. I omly have one CPP2 running now (the one I got from you, Jamie), like to run a couple at the same time and am quite nervous about delivery.

koh303
25-Sep-2012, 05:11
There is no exact release date at the moment. Jobo is working on US distribution as well as a 115V machine, and i will try to update as soon as those questions have cleared up - and they will be, soon.
In the mean while we have all the spare parts you need to keep your machine going.

evan clarke
25-Sep-2012, 06:17
There is no exact release date at the moment. Jobo is working on US distribution as well as a 115V machine, and i will try to update as soon as those questions have cleared up - and they will be, soon.
In the mean while we have all the spare parts you need to keep your machine going.

Motors and boards?

koh303
25-Sep-2012, 06:37
YES - We have pretty much everything, Motors, boards, and all other components for most machines in the Jobo range.

koh303
25-Sep-2012, 09:00
Greg - that sounds like a great plan - i would be very much interested in seeing what you come with for a replacement for the flimsy lift handle hub - do keep LFF posted on this.

As for the upgrade option - Though there is no promise, and no official word or pricing yet - a pre order list is already forming, feel free to let me know if you want to be on it.

koh303
25-Sep-2012, 15:22
I will try to post about the CPP3 upgrade option as soon as i have more info, in the mean while all interested partied should contact me directly.