PDA

View Full Version : Harman Direct Positive RC Papers, apparently discontinued

fecaleagle
18-Sep-2012, 14:21
Sorry if this is a bit of a cross-post between here and the Images and Sharing subforum, but I am distressed to find out from Harman Technology Limited that their RC papers are now discontinued and that FB will continue to remain available only in a glossy finish. Just as I'm finishing putting my 5x7 kit together too!

Dear William,

Due to ongoing technical problems with the RC emulsion the HARMAN DIRECT POSITIVE RC papers are now discontinued.
The FB product will continue to be available but only in a Glossy surface.

XXXXX XXXXX
Marketing Services
ILFORD PHOTO
HARMAN technology Limited

Robert Skeoch
18-Sep-2012, 16:01
I don't think the RC version ever came to market.
I sell the papers from my retail store in Canada and stock all three sizes of the FB product. The RC was never actually shipped ..... at least to Canada.

-Rob Skeoch

fecaleagle
18-Sep-2012, 16:05
Really, everybody's been using FB Glossy this whole time? I've been holding off on the next (first?) batch of RC because I wanted to avoid Glossy paper. I guess that information is reassuring, but I thought I remembered seeing RC available online, maybe 6-8 months ago.

lesmainsrouges
1-Feb-2013, 10:03
:mad:

IanG
1-Feb-2013, 10:21
It's not discontinued, Simon Galley of Ilford has mentioned elsewhere that there wre some technical issues which their research department are working on resolving.

Ian