PDA

View Full Version : De Vere 504 lensboards

Joseph O'Neil
18-Sep-2012, 09:56
Anybody know where I can pickup a spare lens board for my 504 De Vere, or is fleabay my only hope here?

thanks in advance

joe

Fred L
18-Sep-2012, 10:04
I *may* have one lying around, need to check.

guess KHB is not an option eh ;)

Joseph O'Neil
18-Sep-2012, 10:33
I *may* have one lying around, need to check.

guess KHB is not an option eh ;)

actually did look them up first. They are a 2 hour drive from where I live. But the only De Vere lens boards they have, new or used, are for the 203. Grrrrr
:(

Peter De Smidt
18-Sep-2012, 16:27
Which lens board? There are a number of them for the 504.

Joseph O'Neil
19-Sep-2012, 10:50
Which lens board? There are a number of them for the 504.

I wasn't going to be fussy, they are so hard to find. :)

Seriously though, I have 4 enlarging lenses in the 135mm to 163mm range, and back in the days of my old Omega D when I had plenty of boards, I used to like to swap out one lens for another, because sometimes I liked using the 135 instead of the 150, depending on the print.

My favourite lens to use is my 150mm el-Nikkor, but I don't have a board to fit it. I swear each lens I own has a different thread to it, and I have a small box of adaptors, etc, so I figured no matter what size hole came up, I'd likely have a lens to fit it
:)

Peter De Smidt
19-Sep-2012, 12:11
For the 150mm, you want a flat board. There are two recessed boards, but those are for much shorter length than you're talking about. Is you 150mm a 39mm thread? I probably have some spare boards...

Rafal Lukawiecki
20-Sep-2012, 07:04
Odyssey Sales in UK (http://www.odyssey-sales.co.uk) are the suppliers and service people for De Vere. They are still active, and they have good stock of most parts. I have dealt with them a few times, and they were nice. I spoke with John two months ago, also about a lens panel for my 504.