PDA

View Full Version : Bag Bellows Canham MQC 5x7

Michael Kadillak
4-Mar-2004, 20:32
I just acquired a bag bellows for my Canham MQC 5x7 and wanted to understand the correct way to this bellows on the camera. Clearly, the rear bellows standards come off by removing the film holder assembly, but my question relates to how to get the front bellows standard off and the bag bellows standard on. There are two rear lower bolts holding the front bellows on. Do you need to use an allen wrench to loosen these bolts to accomplish this objective or is it designed to allow movement without unscrewing these bolts? They seem pretty solid and I was not able to move the bar that is hold in place by these bolts.

Thanks in advance.

Michael S. Briggs
4-Mar-2004, 21:17
You should use an allen wrench to adjust the screws so that the bar can be slid by hand without difficulty, but so that the bar isn't any looser than necessary. Once you are content with the snuggness of the bar, you shouldn't need to use the allen wrench to change the bellows. It would probably be a good idea to carry the allen wrench with you in case the snuggness got out of adjustment again.

Kevin Crisp
4-Mar-2004, 22:02
I thought the bar was supposed to slide over to release the front bellows. If it doesn't, use an allen wrench to loosen it just enough to slide so it doesn't come loose when you don't want it to.

Michael Kadillak
4-Mar-2004, 22:04
Thanks Michael and Kevin. Makes perfect sense and I will give it a try tomorrow.