PDA

View Full Version : Unsensored 12 - 15th to 26th September - Collingwood Gallery (Melbourne, Australia)

munz6869
13-Sep-2012, 23:00
Unsensored 12 - 15th to 26th September - Collingwood Gallery

If anyone's down Collingwood way over the next fortnight, there's an exhibition of analogue photography put on by the Melbourne Silver Mine, including one large format fibre print by yours truly!!

Details are here: http://silvermine.org.au/unsensored/...ite/index.php#

There looks to be some really interesting work - and there was talk of having some sort of Large Format workshop in the gallery one weekend - I hope that happens...

Marc!

MIke Sherck
14-Sep-2012, 11:46
Did they mean to spell "unsensored" that way? Just curious

Mike

munz6869
14-Sep-2012, 18:10
Yes indeed - Uncensored, and without a sensor (ie. analogue)!!

Marc!

SMBooth
14-Sep-2012, 23:22
Call me slow but I never picked up on that. Clever

munz6869
15-Sep-2012, 05:06
59,857 Analogue Photography Users Group members can't be wrong :-)

When I'm chatting to people, I tend to call it as you suggest 'film photography' - 'traditional' makes it sound old fashioned, which it turn makes me feel old... and that just won't do.

Marc!

Brian Ellis
15-Sep-2012, 06:53
Talk about the elevation of materials over content, this one wins the prize.

JMB
15-Sep-2012, 20:23
How 'bout referring to it as FILM photography and Traditional Photography rather than Analogue? Yes, I'm older now but Film says more to me than the other term to distinguish this from pixelography.

Right. And I would go farther drawing a very strong distinction between digitally generated inkjet graphics and the body of work that has built up under the name of photography.

Brian: The language war is important. Look and listen all around you. Language establishes concepts and minds, and it helps to make and erase intellectual, political, and cultural history.

munz6869
17-Sep-2012, 18:53
As part of the Melbourne Silver Mine's exhibition of analogue photography UNSENSORED12 we are having our first day celebrating Large Format photography this Sunday, September 23, 5pm to 6pm

Bring your Large format rig to the gallery for a bit of a get together and portrait shooting opportunity, or come along to marvel at these amazing cameras and those that lug them around.

Gallery is opens from 10am - 6pm, come any time, everyone is welcome.

Size does matter.

http://unsensored.net/

SMBooth
17-Sep-2012, 20:02
LF day that sounds fun, will try and come with BJ810.

munz6869
17-Sep-2012, 20:21
Correction: it's all afternoon from midday 'till 6pm - I'll try to be there after lunch...

Marc!

Brian Ellis
17-Sep-2012, 20:26
I differentiate between Photographs and Pixelographs just as I do with Photography and Pixelography.

I differentiate between photographers and equipment users.

Merg Ross
17-Sep-2012, 20:40
I differentiate between photographers and equipment users.

I have always found the two to be related, perhaps with different results. Brian, I may be missing your point; it would not be the first time!

Regards,
Merg

Brian Ellis
18-Sep-2012, 04:23
I have always found the two to be related, perhaps with different results. Brian, I may be missing your point; it would not be the first time!

Regards,
Merg

My point was that some people are more concerned with the equipment/materials they use to make a photograph than they are with the photograph.

Merg Ross
18-Sep-2012, 07:19
My point was that some people are more concerned with the equipment/materials they use to make a photograph than they are with the photograph.

That is true. Thanks.

munz6869
18-Sep-2012, 17:44
And some people thoroughly enjoy both in varying measures!!

Marc!

Brian Ellis
19-Sep-2012, 16:36
Some of us use our equipment to create photographs.

All of us who make photographs use equipment. Some think that photographs can be made with only one kind of equipment and material.

munz6869
19-Sep-2012, 17:52
I doubt there's many members of the Melbourne Silver Mine who don't use digital cameras at some point or another (I surely do for nearly all commercial work these days) - however, there's nothing at all wrong with celebrating a medium, and sharing ideas and (in this case) pictures in a specific forum/group/public gallery!

Marc!