PDA

View Full Version : Seal Jumbo 150 dry mount press

snapshotjunkie
13-Sep-2012, 22:53
Just a quick question I hope someone has an answer to. I have gotten a hold of seal Jumbo 150 dry mount press that needs foam and felt. Ant suggestions on DIY solution?
Thanks for the help

Leigh
13-Sep-2012, 23:06
Mcmaster-Carr Supply carries a large selection of both products, particularly different kinds/grades of felt.

You can probably find what you need: www.mcmaster.com

- Leigh

amac212
14-Sep-2012, 04:58
Great question!

The McMaster-Carr site seems to have felts and foams but those with adhesive backings seem to only go up to 180 degrees.

I wonder if there is a way to get non-adhesive materials that can be mounted using something that doesn't come with heat limitations?

ic-racer
14-Sep-2012, 06:11
Perhaps one of the current production foam pads will work ( http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/47216-REG/Seal_Bienfang_SE_100326KIT_Sponge_Pad_for_110S.html)
I found the current pad for the 210M fit my older press perfectly:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/2011/DSCF5465.jpg

John Jarosz
14-Sep-2012, 11:07
You can get replacements from Seal. At least I did 3 or so years ago. I have forgotten the details

John Kasaian
14-Sep-2012, 11:27
You can get replacements from Seal. At least I did 3 or so years ago. I have forgotten the details

Same here.

The cheapest solution is flip the old pad over and cement a new piece of felt on it. If the old pad has thinned out you could put a piece of plywood underneath to add some elevation. It probably wouldn't get hot enough to catch on fire as the heating elements are on the top, but you never know!

snapshotjunkie
14-Sep-2012, 13:55
Thanks for all of the great suggestions.

Kevin J. Kolosky
14-Sep-2012, 17:10
I don't think Seal exists anymore.

John Kasaian
14-Sep-2012, 19:54
I don't think Seal exists anymore.
It was taken over by another company but they still support the presses. I'm sure someone on this forum can supply a POC.

Cletus
15-Sep-2012, 08:47
I'm using old mounting boards or even foam core for 'shims' under the felt on my press. (on the bottom half) Easier than adjusting the press for different thickness pieces and isn't exposed to much heat, even though it cold take a fair bit without issue.

I know this isn't exactly the question you were asking, but if you can't find the exact right thickness felt, it might prove to be a 'helpful hint'.