PDA

View Full Version : Graflex 5x7 sheet film holders

Christopher Nisperos
2-Mar-2004, 15:41
My 5x7 camera has the sliding graflok levers, and I'd like to used the Graflex holders with it. These are the holders with the grooves in the sides. Does anyone know where I can find a few —especially here in Europe?

I've been wondering if the Linhof holders be used instead (don't remember if they have the groove)?.. In any case, they seem rather thick.

Any help would be appreciated.

jnantz
2-Mar-2004, 18:16
christopher:

you might check with equinoxphotographic.com. they are not in europe, but from time to time they might have holders like that.

another place is pacificrimcamera.com . ( in states as well ) they also have graflex holders once in a while.

neither of the places i mentioned have them all the time - kind of a hit or miss sort of thing ...

( you might see if you can find a"bag magazine" ( bag-mag) which is like a grafmatic back, for the graflex back )

good luck!

-john

Ernest Purdum
2-Mar-2004, 19:38
If you mean the holders for use with Graflex SLR cameras, they have grooves on each side near the end instead of the rib that locks the holder in place. There would be interference with backs intended for the more common holders. Look at your back and see if it has grooves for the ribs to fit into, or if it has ribs itself. Unfortunately, there is no choice of holders, short of modifying the back, you need one or the other type.

Regarding availability, eBay is probably the best bet from Europe, but you could try a want ad in Camera Shopper, http://www.camera-shopper.com.

Ole Tjugen
3-Mar-2004, 11:14
If by "Linhof holders" you mean the older ones which can take either plates or film, with ejector, they can be usd as ordinary sheet film holders. They do not have the Graflex groove - at least mine don't. I use them in 9x12cm, 4x5" and 13x18cm. They are slightly thicker than "ordinary" holders, but that hasn't been a problem with any of my Linhofs (cameras, that is).

Christopher Nisperos
4-Mar-2004, 17:24
Thanks so much for your answers!