PDA

View Full Version : Sinar case questions

Ed Richards
6-Sep-2012, 21:10
Just got an older Sinar top loader case. Dropped my P2 in, and realized that the rail hangers are centered - but the knobs on a P2 stick out on the side of the camera. I suppose I could shift the frames off center to line things up, but that is a pain. Am I missing something?

Leigh
6-Sep-2012, 21:25
The case you got is for the F-series, which is a more centered design without the protruding knobs.

The P-series has a markedly off-center design to accommodate the asymmetric tilts.

- Leigh

Ed Richards
7-Sep-2012, 06:47
Makes sense. The only specific P cases I have seen are the ones that require you to break down the camera. It may be time to break out the saw and the air craft plywood and build a custom box.

Ed Richards
7-Sep-2012, 11:45
Just tried my F2 in the case. It does not fit either - the case is too shallow. This must be from the Norma era.

Leigh
7-Sep-2012, 15:21
Hmmm. Bummer. I don't have a Norma, so I don't know how it compares with the F-series.

Oh well.

- Leigh

Frank Petronio
7-Sep-2012, 19:46
I went through this too, the Norma case is wider and shallower. The blue F case is narrower and taller, just like the cameras.

I use the larger Tenba View Case now, it is much larger and expensive, but very secure and it's airline check-able.

Ed Richards
8-Sep-2012, 06:03
Will it take a P? I am finding that the rail offset is a problem with most cases. I think there is a plywood blade for the skill saw in my future. That or a skeleton frame that could support it in my big Pelican case.

Frank Petronio
8-Sep-2012, 06:20
The Tenba and Lightware cases take everything!