PDA

View Full Version : Help with Zone VI head on Beseler 23C-II

lenser
4-Sep-2012, 21:01
Along with my Zone VI and Omega D-2V enlargers, I've got a Beseler 23C-II I"m trying to fit with a recently purchased Zone VI cold light head for medium and small format printing.. I have removed the color head with ease, but the remaining parts of the normal light head are giving me a bit of caution. Have any of you done this and can you please advise as to what I need to do to remove the remaining head parts to get to the point where the Zone VI head is supposed to attach?

Many thanks.

Tim

Kav
4-Sep-2012, 22:11
Are you trying to remove the entire head from the enlarger? If so on the back of the head there should be two wing nuts. Remove them and the head lifts up as a whole from the enlarger.

lenser
4-Sep-2012, 22:41
Thanks, Kav. In looking it over today, I didn't notice those, but that means nothing. I wasn't being that thorough. I'll head back to my where I've got it stored in the morning and take another look.

joselsgil
9-Sep-2012, 21:22
lenser,

Did you install the head?

Just curious because I have an Arista cold light head for an Omega B22 that I want to install on a Beseler 23CII. Does the Beseler need a sleeve or collar?

lenser
9-Sep-2012, 22:16
Jose, I took a quick look at it and found that on mind either the wing nuts are hidden behind a plate, or that there is some other kind of attachment system under their. I haven't had time to try to remove that in order to see how much further disassembly it will take, but I did pull the upper bellows off the head. It looks like once I get the head off, the cold light head will simply slide into that sleeve space, but I'm not at all sure yet.

Chuck Pere
10-Sep-2012, 06:44
If you are talking about a head made for the 23C my Aristo installed in a spare condenser housing. Just slipped into place like the condensers. I believe that the instructions say to remove the condensers and use the housing but I had an extra. If you are wanting to use a 4x5 cold light on the 23c you can find an adapter that allows the use of 4x5 heads. That's what I use for my installation of 4x5 Aristo with a homemade filter drawer on my 23C.
See:http://www.light-sources.com/sites/default/files/bes23c_cold_light_head_info.pdf

lenser
10-Sep-2012, 07:06
Thanks, Chuck. That will be most helpful. The problem I have right now is removing the current lamp house assembly to get to the condenser housing. I have removed the color head portion, but until I have the time to find the attachment points for the remaining lamp house, which may or may not be hidden by what seems to be an access panel cover on the back, I am at a stopping point. I don't want to cause damage as I go because I may want to restore this to the color head at some point in the future. The Zone VI head that I have is specific to the 23C size, so no adapter should be needed in terms of the size fitting.

I have emailed Beseler for information and am waiting for their response.