PDA

View Full Version : Wollensak Verito Diffused Focus 18 inch f4 question

Amedeus
2-Sep-2012, 09:10
I have two Wollensak Verito 18" lenses in Studio No 5 shutters.

One (no serial number) measures 6 13/16" tall, the other one (No 8107) stands at 7 1/2". The latter has a roughly 13/16" "extension" between flange and Studio #5 shutter.

Just wondering what the height is of other 18" Veritos ...

Any and all input appreciated :) ... Thanks !

Paul Fitzgerald
2-Sep-2012, 10:47
Mine is in a #5 Studio shutter (no serial number), it's 9 1/4 inches end to end.

Amedeus
2-Sep-2012, 10:50
Thanks Paul ... so far we have quite a variation :confused:

Mine is in a #5 Studio shutter (no serial number), it's 9 1/4 inches end to end.

Louis Pacilla
2-Sep-2012, 13:36
I have a pair of 18" Veritos with mid mount Studio shutters both are a touch over 7 inches 1 18" Verito in barrel that's a touch over 8 inches and one more 18" in Studio shutter not exact mid mount that's a touch over 8 inches.

Amedeus
2-Sep-2012, 17:02
Thanks Louis ... so safe to say now that the length of the lens is somewhat all over the place with the current observed extremes my 6 13/16th and Paul's 9 1/4 ...

I'll have to check the FL on mine and see how close these are to 18". I expect the coverage to be slightly different for a short overall barrel length compared to a long overall barrel length.

Next question becomes: was this from factory or are we seeing the result of modifications/adaptations from barrel to shutter etc ...

Paul Fitzgerald
3-Sep-2012, 11:41
"Next question becomes: was this from factory or are we seeing the result of modifications/adaptations from barrel to shutter etc ..."

Mine appears to be factory built if it's a help.

Amedeus
3-Sep-2012, 23:00
Thanks Paul,

I checked my barrels and it doesn't look they where messed with. No obvious signs of cutting, different threads etc, different shades of paint on the barrel etc.

My longest 18" has as I mentioned earlier a 13/16th "extension" between flange and Studio 5 shutter. I was able today to unscrew that extension and screw the flange part directly into the shutter making both lenses exactly same length of 6" 13/16th

Next step is to determine EFL for the different combinations and go from there ...

"Next question becomes: was this from factory or are we seeing the result of modifications/adaptations from barrel to shutter etc ..."

Mine appears to be factory built if it's a help.

Amedeus
15-Oct-2012, 20:35
I have modeled the impact of a lens separation of 6" versus 9" to demonstrate the reported differences between a few Wollensak Verito Diffused Focus 18" f4 lenses in Zemax.

The results are more or less as expected for this lens configuration, there is little shift in focal length (few mm) and minor changes in spherical aberation, coma, distortion, field flatness, coverage. But really nothing to be worried about :)

All good ...

cat3261
2-Apr-2015, 15:34
Would you want to sell one of these 18 inch verito trade?

Tim Duffy

Jim Fitzgerald
2-Apr-2015, 17:17
I got one of them!! :-) :-)