PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Show

Monty McCutchen
1-Sep-2012, 14:58
Hello All,

I've posted below the media announcement for our upcoming show this fall in New York. Hopefully by posting this early enough those of you that live nearby and have an interest can possibly pencil in November 8th and make the opening. I plan on being there and would enjoy meeting all of those that can make it. It's the Masterplaters second show together and we are of course excited as it promises to be a well attended event.

best,

Monty

www.masterplaters.com

http://vimeo.com/29686176

Announcing Two Upcoming Exhibitions
The 8th Annual National Alternative Process Competition and
Masterplaters: Pictures from the Distant Present
Exhibition dates: November 7 – December 1, 2012 Opening Reception*: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 6 to 8 pm Contact: Maria Burns at sohophotoaltprocomp@gmail.com
The Competition
New York, NY – Soho Photo Gallery is pleased to announce the 8th National Alternative Process Competition juried by Elisabeth Biondi. Now a highly regarded independent curator, Ms. Biondi broke new ground in the magazine world by establishing photography’s place in The New Yorker as Visuals Editor. She has curated shows at the Steven Kasher Gallery, Howard Greenberg Gallery, NYPHOTO 2011 and the South Street Seaport Museum.
Soho Photo initiated the National Alternative Process Competition in 2005 to recognize photographers who create one-of-a-kind, handmade images using photographic processes from the 19th century. These include Albumen printing, Cyanotype printing, Van Dyke Brown and Platinum/Palladium printmaking. The call for entries is available at www.sohophoto.com
Masterplaters: Pictures from the Distant Present
During November, Soho Photo Gallery will also feature a guest exhibition by the Masterplaters, a collective of five photographers who show contemporary imagery they make by using the wet-plate collodion process invented in 1851.
These photographers are from vastly different parts of the country, photographic traditions, aesthetics and education. Their common ground is found in the technique they use to interpret modern questions of place and identity in a search for meaning -- one unique image at a time. Information about each artist and this exhibit is available at: www.masterplaters.com
*Note revised reception date.

Mike Castles
1-Sep-2012, 18:30
Sounds like a Great show, Monty - Congratulations to you and all the Masterplaters.

bob carnie
2-Sep-2012, 06:19
We hope to make the opening.. sounds like an awesome show

climbabout
2-Sep-2012, 06:57
Monte - Darlene and I will try to make it -
Tim

Steve Sherman
2-Sep-2012, 07:19
Geez, I'm already getting calls from out of country admirers who want to stay with me on their way to your show.
Where is that place you shop in Houston, I've got nothing to wear you know!

Congrats, well deserved Monsta!

Kerik Kouklis
2-Sep-2012, 09:01
Congratulations M. The work looks fantastic.

bob carnie
2-Sep-2012, 09:10
I want to get a pair of those slick duck shoes he wears.. then I will fit in.

Geez, I'm already getting calls from out of country admirers who want to stay with me on their way to your show.
Where is that place you shop in Houston, I've got nothing to wear you know!

Congrats, well deserved Monsta!

Kirk Gittings
2-Sep-2012, 09:15
One of these days I really want to see some originals of your work so keep us informed of your shows.

John Fink Jr.
2-Sep-2012, 09:34
Thanks Monty.
I eventually want to get into the process if I can find a nearby workshop in NJ.
This sounds fascinating and I'm going to try and make it.

Monty McCutchen
5-Nov-2012, 06:22
I realize that circumstances are very difficult in New York right now for many and don't wish to trivialize the past week's events, but I wanted to take the time to bump this thread and say I hope to see many of you that live in the region this Thursday night from 6-8 pm at SoHo Photo. It would be great to commune with the photographic community. Hopefully the work could provide a momentary break from the reality of the recovery process many are enduring.

best,

Monty

bob carnie
5-Nov-2012, 08:58
I was lucky enough to see a few of these large wet plates last month. They are very beautiful and well worth the trip to the gallery if you are within range.

Monty McCutchen
26-Nov-2012, 13:53
Hello All,

Thought I would bump this one last time for the last week of the show. It will be up until this Saturday. If you do get a chance to get by would love feedback.

www.sohophoto.com

best,

Monty

gene LaFord
26-Nov-2012, 15:45
The show is worth the trip to SoHo Photo if you are in the NYC area. The work of the Master Platers is quite nice indeed!