PDA

View Full Version : Bob and Laura Carnie at the VPC

gene LaFord
24-Aug-2012, 17:13
The Valley Photo Center (VPC) in Springfield, MA is pleased to announce an exhibit of the photography of Bob and Laura Carnie (yes the infamous Mr Carnie!!). The exhibit will run from Oct. 16 through Nov 24, 2012. Gallery hours are from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm Tuesday through Friday, and Saturdays by special arrangement (by sending me a PM). The Tower Square complex is closed on Sundays.

An artists' reception is scheduled for Sat Oct 20 from 12:00 - 3:00.

The VPC is located on the mezzanine level (2nd floor) of Tower Square at 1500 Main Street, Springfield, MA. Street parking is free on weekends.

Nathan Potter
25-Aug-2012, 10:40
Gene, great to know this. I'll be in the area in mid to late Oct. I'll try to catch the reception.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Peter De Smidt
25-Aug-2012, 10:42
Congratulations on the show!

Kirk Gittings
25-Aug-2012, 13:12
Great! I'll toast one for you......

Alan Gales
25-Aug-2012, 15:13
Congratulations, Bob and Laura!

sanking
27-Aug-2012, 15:40
Gene,

Hope you have a great turn out for the show.

And congratulations to Bob and Laura. Hope that lots of peyote is ingested in your honor. Not at the show of course!

Sandy

bob carnie
29-Aug-2012, 07:56
We are looking forward to see all our friends from the MA area, We always have a great time , other than the evening the cold wind from New Mexico came and drew me into a thunderous storm.

My work will be Silver Gelatin enlarger prints using the solarization process. The work dates back 10 years and includes new work from this year.
Lauras work will be Silver Gelatin prints of her archives of infared work, as well a selection of current images printed ink on paper.

I hope to see many from the area and meet new friends and connections.

Kirk Gittings
29-Aug-2012, 09:55
We always have a great time , other than the evening the cold wind from New Mexico came and drew me into a thunderous storm.

!!!!!:)

Steve Sherman
2-Sep-2012, 08:27
We are looking forward to see all our friends from the MA area, We always have a great time , other than the evening the cold wind from New Mexico came and drew me into a thunderous storm.

I hope to see many from the area and meet new friends and connections.

I look forward to your photographs being more memorable than that evening, the Thunder is just now receding.

Best wishes Bob and Laura!

Kirk Gittings
2-Sep-2012, 08:49
For safeties sake don't invite Palleti, but if he shows search his bags for the evil brew.

bob carnie
2-Sep-2012, 09:11
plus 1

For safeties sake don't invite Palleti, but if he shows search his bags for the evil brew.

Steve Sherman
2-Sep-2012, 16:38

With all due respect to the fine collection of photographers in this thread, Mr Paletti sits atop the mountain when it comes to transporting our generation back to our twenties, if for only one night or blurred weekend, long live King Dumante!

Kirk Gittings
2-Sep-2012, 18:48
:)......

gene LaFord
3-Oct-2012, 17:38
Bump!! :D

bob carnie
4-Oct-2012, 05:55
Thanks for the bump Gene I almost forgot the opening..

kidding... We have just finished this week printing , toning , archiving the show... Framing is happening now and we are booking the trailer to transport to your gallery next Friday.
What a lot of work, over 80 pieces in the show , I think it all will fit.
Laura and I are putting a web portfolio together, kind of like a mini website so I hope we can launch it around the opening date so some of the folks here who cannot make the show can see what we are up too.

This show has been a major investment, both time and money, but we just received confirmation that the work will be in Calgary's exposure festival in Feb 2013 , so it will move on to Calgary after VPC showing. We are currently trying to find appropriate gallery space to show out west , as once its crated and in Calgary I am doing everything I can to locate venues on the west coast and then move it slowly back to the east coast. I think this process will take a couple of years, and as time moves on some pieces will be added and some dropped. In between times when the work is not showing finding good storage companies is our plan.

gene LaFord
9-Oct-2012, 17:38
OK... about a week and a half until Bob and Laura's exhibit at the Valley Photo Center in Springfield, MA.
The dates of the show are Oct 16th trough Nov 24. The reception for the artists is Sat Oct 20th from about noon 'til four pm (I will be there almost all day). Regular gallery hours are Tuesday through Friday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm... I know, not convenient for most. I will be available to open the gallery on Saturdays during the run of the show if needed. All I ask is that you contact me before hand via PM. The Tower Square complex is closed on Sundays and is a real pain to open the gallery unless a big crowd is willing to all meet at the same time.
The VPC is located on the second floor mezzanine of Tower Square, 1500 Main St, Springfield, MA. Parking on the street is free on the weekend.

For all of you within a two hour drive (or so) of Springfield this is a great chance to meet Bob and Laura and see there work. Bob is quite well known on this and other forums. And it would be great to meet other large format photographers that I haven't met yet.

gene

gene LaFord
16-Oct-2012, 15:16
Well the reception for Bob & Laura's exhibit is this Saturday Oct 20th from noon to 4:00 pm. If you are with a couple of hours of Springfield, MA this is a great opportunity to see their work. Bob is a well known figure on this forum and you don't want to miss the chance to meet him in person. And his prints are very nice.
Laura, Bob's wife, is a very fine photographer in her own right. Her work is fun to see.
I am hoping that you large format photographers in New England and eastern New York can make it to the Valley Photo Center here in Springfield this coming Saturday.
If you have any questions, please contact me via PM.

climbabout
19-Oct-2012, 05:55
Looking forward to see the show and everyone Tomorrow.
Tim

Monty McCutchen
19-Oct-2012, 14:54
Good luck Bob and Laura! Wish I could be there.

Monty

gene LaFord
19-Oct-2012, 17:17
BUMP... tomorrow is the day the infamous Mr Carnie will be at the Valley Photo Center in Springfield, MA for the reception of his and Laura Paterson's exhibit. I hope to see some Large Format photographers there.

Steve Sherman
20-Oct-2012, 09:50
Heading out to the Bob Carnie and Laura Patterson show at the Valley Photo Center in Springfield Massachusetts, if you're close by should make a point to stop by and see world class work. Noon to 4 PM today!!

Mark Sawyer
20-Oct-2012, 10:37
My congratulations to Bob and Laura! Wish I could be there, I'm sure it will be a wonderful show.