PDA

View Full Version : What is it Worth: the Saunders LPL 4550 XLG with Color Head?

Princetonphotos
24-Aug-2012, 06:13
I have a Saunders LPL 4550 XLG I"m thinking of selling:

Baseboard, light scratches
Column, almost perfect
Color head, very good condition.
Comes with EL-Nikkor 50mm/2.8 lens in excellent condition
No negative carrier
No safe light below the lens
Power controller

I'm not sure about the value of this system. $700 to $1000?

Kimberly Anderson
24-Aug-2012, 06:18
I got one for 65 bucks two years ago...but I know that is the exception.

ic-racer
24-Aug-2012, 07:36
I have a Saunders LPL 4550 XLG I"m thinking of selling:

Baseboard, light scratches
Column, almost perfect
Color head, very good condition.
Comes with EL-Nikkor 50mm/2.8 lens in excellent condition
No negative carrier
No safe light below the lens
Power controller

I'm not sure about the value of this system. $700 to $1000?

If you tracked-down and included a timer some negative carriers, 4x5 mixing box, and included a six-element lens for 4x5 printing and offered to ship safely anywhere in the world for free, you might get $700 to $1000.

Otherwise, if it is pickup-only you might have it listed for $200 for quit a while, depending on where you live.

Robert Hall
24-Aug-2012, 07:55
Supply and demand.

Here in Salt Lake City, I have seen so many that the large majority go in the trash.

I bought a complete system like this, mint, with paper to print on, all for $150 a year ago.

Princetonphotos
24-Aug-2012, 09:30
If you tracked-down and included a timer some negative carriers, 4x5 mixing box, and included a six-element lens for 4x5 printing and offered to ship safely anywhere in the world for free, you might get $700 to $1000.

Otherwise, if it is pickup-only you might have it listed for $200 for quit a while, depending on where you live.

Sounds depressing. It does come with the 4x5 mixing chamber. I do have some old timers and not sure if the old stuff will kill the sale.

I'll just keep it if I can only get $200. So I can teach my kids on darkroom techniques.

Robert Hall
24-Aug-2012, 11:33
Sounds depressing. It does come with the 4x5 mixing chamber. I do have some old timers and not sure if the old stuff will kill the sale.

I'll just keep it if I can only get $200. So I can teach my kids on darkroom techniques.

Do just that. You will get a lot more value out of the time spent teaching than you would ever for what you might get out of the enlarger.