PDA

View Full Version : Briter ground glass for a Busch Pressman "D"

Carlos
25-Feb-2004, 17:47
Hello, I am looking to replace the original ground glass of my Busch Pressman "D" for a briter one, Any recomendations?

Darin Cozine
25-Feb-2004, 21:45
good question. The ground glass on the busch pressman D is exactly 4x5 inches. (some graflex 4x5s have a smaller gg) this makes them easy to replace. However, note that I tried to do this on my BP and the new ground glass was 3mm thick. Unfortunately, the focussing hood did not fit on the back any longer. So make sure the glass is the normal 2mm thickness.

One thing that may help you is to just clean the ground glass with some windex. Dust really can degrade the image.

Bill_1856
25-Feb-2004, 22:08
I replaced the GG with a Linhof Super Screen. This didn't leave any room for a protective plain glass behind it, so I bought one of those plastic grids which is often advertised on ebay, and placed it behind the Super Screen to protect the Fresnel surface from being scratched by my loupe. Seems to work great!

Carlos
26-Feb-2004, 11:00
Thank you for the info. Since I am new to LF, anything is good information. Thanks again.

jantman
26-Feb-2004, 11:08
I ground my own using the technique which I mentioned in an earlier post here, and found in Photo Techniques magazine. It is quite effective and brighter (and finer) than most commercial glasses.

If you want to give it a try, I have more than enough grit for the rest of my life! Pay the shipping, and I'll send you some. It's relatively easy, and takes about an hour for an 8x10.

Mark_3632
26-Feb-2004, 17:54
The ZOne VI GG you can get from Calumet fit mine perfectly. just call and tell them the measurments. Really bright and at the time-3yrs ago-reletively inexpensive.

Darin Cozine
26-Feb-2004, 21:56
jason, how thick was the grond glass you made? Also, where did you get it from?