PDA

View Full Version : Canham MQC 5x7 thread size on top of front standard? Help please?

Ed Bray
19-Aug-2012, 03:52
I am hoping someone will be able to help, I am trying to find out the thread size of the hole in the top of the MQC 5x7 front standard which is for a Compendium Hood.

I already have a very nice Horseman Compendium hood which I can easily adapt to fit if I could find the correct bolt to use. I have tried various metric grub screws and the nearest to it is 5mm but obviously the thread size is different being that the camera is of US manufacture and therefore uses a non-metric size.

I realise that I could telephone Keith Canham, but a) I am in the UK and b) it's the weekend so I was just wondering if anyone could give me the correct thread size so I can buy the correct size Machine screw tomorrow morning?

TIA, Eddie.

Tony Lakin
19-Aug-2012, 04:15
Hi Eddie
I have a DLC 5x4 and a JMC 8x10, both have the same size threaded hole in the top of the front standard so it's a fair assumption that your MQC 5x7 will be the same, unfortunately I am unable to measure accurately but anyone who can measure the thread of any of these models should give you your answer.

Good luck

Regards
Tony

Tony Lakin
19-Aug-2012, 04:29
Hi again
I have found a bolt which fits the socket on both my Canhams, according to my thread gauge the pitch is 32 tpi and the diameter with my micrometer is 4.5mm I will see if I can come back to you with the identity of the bolt you require, no promises though.

Regards
Tony

Ed Bray
19-Aug-2012, 05:09
Thanks for your help Tony, it definetly isn't a metric size.

Tony Lakin
19-Aug-2012, 05:21
Hi Eddie
BSF or BSC 3/16 inch X 32TPI is the nearest I can come up with.

(3/16) inch 32 Tpi 0.0312 0.1542 ins Number Drill 23
0.1562 inch
3.97mm

Please don't take my word for it.

Regards
Tony