PDA

View Full Version : Fidelity Cut Film Holders 4x5 (help needed)

jalrox
17-Aug-2012, 11:20
Hello Guys, I am new to this forum and I dont know anything about photography. Actually My uncle was a professor at university and after his death I found about 7 FIDELITY CUT FILM HOLDERS 4x5, Horseman Optical Exposure Computer and Some other material (lenses). I have no idea what this all is about. I know its weird to ask but can somebody tell me is this material useful ? What can I do with this all ?

Please let me know I can upload the photos of the material as well.. there are some more things as well I even have no idea what is this all. :confused:

jalrox
17-Aug-2012, 11:24
Meanwhile have a look at this link: http://lommen9.home.xs4all.nl/holders/index.html
I have almost all of this... what is this all about ?

E. von Hoegh
17-Aug-2012, 11:51
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/

This should get you started.

vinny
17-Aug-2012, 12:11
Those are for one of those old accordian cameras with the bellows. You know, like ansel adams used. Can you still get film for that?

cowanw
17-Aug-2012, 12:22
Please do post pictures.
the cut film holders are common.
Search here and get an idea of value. the computer is an interesting item. Search horseman meter here and there are a few threads.
Where are you?
That will help if there is a member nearby to look at your stuff.

jalrox
17-Aug-2012, 12:48
Please do post pictures.
the cut film holders are common.
Search here and get an idea of value. the computer is an interesting item. Search horseman meter here and there are a few threads.
Where are you?
That will help if there is a member nearby to look at your stuff.

I live in Pakistan. Actually this was brought by my uncle long time ago. I tried to show it to some of the photography shops here but as they were just small shops so they had no idea how is it usable. By the way I am going to post the pictures in a while of all the parts I hope that will be better.

THanks for the response.

jalrox
18-Aug-2012, 03:36

I have 8 Fidelity cut film holders (Elite).

Someone please tell me is it useful or just trash ?

jalrox
18-Aug-2012, 03:40

Steven Tribe
18-Aug-2012, 04:53
There may be no buyers in Pakistan, but lots of international buyers for the (new in box?) standard elite 4x5 holders.
You can get an idea of value through completed listings on ebay and you could sell them here on the for sale/wanted thread when you have been here for a month.

jalrox
18-Aug-2012, 05:07
There may be no buyers in Pakistan, but lots of international buyers for the (new in box?) standard elite 4x5 holders.
You can get an idea of value through completed listings on ebay and you could sell them here on the for sale/wanted thread when you have been here for a month.

I have 6 boxes (2fidelity cut film holders 4x5). One of the box was opened and looked like a little older. remaining 5 boxes seems never opened and new in condition.
Thanks for the suggestion of starting a thread like that. (Could you tell me how much this one 2 Fidelity Cut film holders 4x5 costs normally (opened box) ?

I have checked on ebay found that BUY IT NOW price of one box is 39$ by one of the seller...

cowanw
18-Aug-2012, 07:40
New film holders are $50 apiece, Used are from $5 up. I suggest you take 6 months or so and follow the sales on ebay and here, as well as informing yourself as to the nature of what you have with some research of your own.
Look at this.
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/horseman_2.html

Dan Henderson
18-Aug-2012, 13:07
Those are for one of those old accordian cameras with the bellows. You know, like ansel adams used. Can you still get film for that?

smartass!

jalrox
19-Aug-2012, 04:31
New film holders are $50 apiece, Used are from $5 up. I suggest you take 6 months or so and follow the sales on ebay and here, as well as informing yourself as to the nature of what you have with some research of your own.
Look at this.
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/horseman_2.html

many thanks for the link and suggestions. Appreciated!

ic-racer
19-Aug-2012, 07:21
I might be interested in the Horseman equipment. If you want to sell it you can post it in the for-sale forum in a few days.

jalrox
20-Aug-2012, 10:22
I might be interested in the Horseman equipment. If you want to sell it you can post it in the for-sale forum in a few days.

Yeah. but still I am a new user so It will take 24 more days to post it in SALE-FORUM. I will do then!
Thanks

polyglot
21-Aug-2012, 19:41
I would expect to get about $20-30 each for the holders if new (maybe more; Toyo ones are still $100), maybe $10 each if not-new but still in excellent condition. Well-used ones are about $5 each.

That 6x9 back (the black thing that says "8 EXP" on it) is worth about $200 if in good condition. Likewise the lenses, expect them to fetch about $150-$300 each I think if they're all working properly.

Better yet, learn to use it all! You have most of a good setup there - if there's a body also then you have nearly everything you need except a tripod. If there's no body, you could sell one of the lenses and get a simple body (eg Graphic or a monorail).

jalrox
22-Aug-2012, 04:44
I would expect to get about $20-30 each for the holders if new (maybe more; Toyo ones are still $100), maybe $10 each if not-new but still in excellent condition. Well-used ones are about $5 each.

That 6x9 back (the black thing that says "8 EXP" on it) is worth about $200 if in good condition. Likewise the lenses, expect them to fetch about $150-$300 each I think if they're all working properly.

Better yet, learn to use it all! You have most of a good setup there - if there's a body also then you have nearly everything you need except a tripod. If there's no body, you could sell one of the lenses and get a simple body (eg Graphic or a monorail).

Thanks for telling me about these. Well I have full Bag of Horseman and it has many other things with it (I guess that is what you called body). I will post the pics of all the stuff today and will let you know. And I want to know that will that be possible to sale this all in bulk (like all stuff at once). Because I don't think I would be able to make this thing work: I dont know anything about it but I can give a try.. thanks for telling me about this!