PDA

View Full Version : Compound Shutter Mounting

bitbckt
15-Aug-2012, 19:34
Hello everyone. I have a CZJ lens in a Compound #3 shutter which I've dismounted (... clip clop clip clop) from the 4x4 wooden board I had it on, and mounted to a Canham lens board (aluminum). The issue I'm facing concerns the aperture needle on the shutter. The aperture needle on the Compound is really just an extension of a circular ring on the back of the shutter itself. On the wooden board, this plate had enough play in it to allow movement of the needle for aperture adjustment. On the Canham board, the plate is pressed solidly against the board and is effectively immovable.

I imagine someone has created a sort of spacer to resolve this problem, or does anyone have another bright idea? This lens is now constant in both focal length *and* aperture, until I find a solution! :-)

Jon Shiu
15-Aug-2012, 19:39
I don't know anything about this particuliar shutter, but usually the mounting flange has a lip on the front which keeps the shutter a few mm's away from the lens board.

Jon

bitbckt
15-Aug-2012, 19:56
The mounting flange does have a small lip on either side. Perhaps it is insufficient for this board, then? I haven't bothered to dig around for my micrometer, but the board does appear thicker than the flange. SK Grimes may be able to make something appropriate...

Jon Shiu
15-Aug-2012, 20:26
The flange is mounted to the front of the lens board. Therefore, the thickness of the lens board has no bearing.

Jon

E. von Hoegh
16-Aug-2012, 06:50
The flange is mounted to the front of the lens board. Therefore, the thickness of the lens board has no bearing.

Jon

Yes, the flange has 3,4,or 5 screw wholes by which it is mounted to the board, then the shutter/lens is screwed into the flange. Using the flange as a mounting ring can damage the shutter.

SergeiR
16-Aug-2012, 08:51
May be you just need spacer. Some of shutters use it to have clearance for aperture ring to move