PDA

View Full Version : Toyo 45CF Back

Fotoguy20d
15-Aug-2012, 16:49
Does anyone know if the back on a 45CF is the same as the one of a 45A or AX (whether rotating or not, they mount the same way) or on a Toyo View G (or GII)? I know the clips that hold the back down are different on the CF but is the back itself interchangeable?

Thanks,
Dan

tgtaylor
15-Aug-2012, 17:45
No.

You can swap the sections containing the GG but not the bases that connect to the back of the cameras.

Thomas

Kuzano
15-Aug-2012, 18:57
As I recall from having 3 CF's in the past and about 4 A's and AII's, they fold differently as well. Not that the different folding is a problem done right. However, the CF is more prone to misfolds, particularly when the owner has previously owned one of the metal versions. Consequently, you often see more CF's with misfolds near the front of the bellows.

Part of the problem comes from not loosening ALL the controls before folding, resulting in the front lens standard being in a wrong position and forcing the misfolds to occur.

John Rodriguez
15-Aug-2012, 20:36
I found the opposite to be true - more likely to have mis-folds with my 45A then I was with my 45CF.

Fotoguy20d
21-Aug-2012, 18:55
Thomas is quite correct - thanks. On the odd chance they could help, I e-mailed MAC. $42+shipping, and one day later, I have the necessary frame in hand direct from MAC (they were a pleasure to deal with). Once that frame is installed, the ground glass panel from my AX clicks right in.

The CF reminds me, perhaps not surprisingly, of a Century Graphic. Its not nearly as nice as the AX but its also not nearly the weight. I'll probably try it for a bit as a hiking camera, until its limitations push me back to the AX.

Dan

Kuzano
21-Aug-2012, 19:18
The caution on the CF as far as it's weakest link is tightening the lockdowns. It's an easy camera to lock down, but the Ham Fisted (folks like the hulk) can push the knobs a bit too far (moreso than the metal models). This can turn the threaded insert in their CF (plastic) sockets and from that point on, it's nearly impossible to lock down one of those loosened inserts. Now, not to create paranoia here, I did use three of them without problem, but I had been warned of the problem. They lock down sufficiently.... but treat the lockdowns with respect.

Jayg8478
9-Sep-2012, 11:48
Thomas is quite correct - thanks. On the odd chance they could help, I e-mailed MAC. $42+shipping, and one day later, I have the necessary frame in hand direct from MAC (they were a pleasure to deal with). Once that frame is installed, the ground glass panel from my AX clicks right in.

The CF reminds me, perhaps not surprisingly, of a Century Graphic. Its not nearly as nice as the AX but its also not nearly the weight. I'll probably try it for a bit as a hiking camera, until its limitations push me back to the AX.

Dan

Hi, I'm in need of the back frame for my CF and was wondering who MAC is and how to contact them.
Thanks for you help,
Jay

Fotoguy20d
9-Sep-2012, 16:34
MAmiya America Corporation

http://www.toyoview.com/AskToyo/asktoyo.html