PDA

View Full Version : What are the springs inside rear of Deardorff for?

T.G.
14-Aug-2012, 08:27
In the removable back of the Deardorff, there are cutouts and springs in the wall of the wooden frame. Almost like to install a panel in front of the springback. What are these for?

Tim Deming
14-Aug-2012, 08:38
splitter boards! You can use them to take multiple smaller images on a single sheet of film. there is a vertical and a horizontal board, which can also be used in combination. These are nearly always missing, but are easy to make

cheers

Tim

John Kasaian
14-Aug-2012, 08:41
They hold the sliders---thin pieces of wood that block the image so you can put two 4"x10" or two 5"x8" panoramas on a single 8"x10" sheet of film.

E. von Hoegh
14-Aug-2012, 08:48
They hold the sliders---thin pieces of wood that block the image so you can put two 4"x10" or two 5"x8" panoramas on a single 8"x10" sheet of film.

You can also do 4 4x5s.

TheDeardorffGuy
14-Aug-2012, 10:03
Guys The correct factory term is Dividers or Divider Boards. I've never seen a piece of literature from the factory calling them "Splitters". I sell them. New Old Stock. They usually need to be sanded to fit however. And all the ones that came with new cameras were fitted to the back they came in. I know, It was one of my first jobs working there.

T.G.
14-Aug-2012, 10:24
Thanks so much, that is interesting.