PDA

View Full Version : Rear extension of Verito 8.75"

CTwist
10-Aug-2012, 14:34
I am curious about trying out the Verito 8.75" f/4. Some of the examples for sale have dodgy shutters or shutters that simply don't work. How far does the lens extend behind the shutter? I'd like to know if I could use it on a Sinar with a Sinar shutter. Or would the back of the lens interfere with the shutter blades?
Thanks,
Charles

Mark Sawyer
10-Aug-2012, 15:07
My barrel mount 8 3/4" Verito protrudes about 1 1/8" behind the back of the flange. But as Verito's were made in barrels, Studio Shutters, Betax shutters, Optimo shutters, and probably others, it would depend on which one you got. It wouldn't be hard to make an extension to move it forward on the lensboard so a Sinar or Packard shutter would work.

mandoman7
10-Aug-2012, 16:11
I have an 11" Verito that wouldn't fit in front of packard shutter that I had mounted on the front standard of my Kodak 2D. I had a lensboard made that extended the lens out about 2" and that works fine. Many of the vintage lenses seem to sit fairly flush on the lensboard, but not so with these.

William Whitaker
10-Aug-2012, 16:13
If you're using a Sinar, mount the shutter on an accessory standard ("multipurpose" standard) and position it just behind the rear cell. You'll need another bellows in addition to the standard for that to work. But the versatility gained is worth it. Focus with the rear standard so you don't have to reposition the shutter to focus.

Amedeus
10-Aug-2012, 18:19
I make extension rings in black Delrin or nylon to offset the lens or shutter flange on the Sinar lens board. Some machining required but it works like a charm.

bracan
11-Aug-2012, 04:07
If you're using a Sinar, mount the shutter on an accessory standard ("multipurpose" standard) and position it just behind the rear cell. You'll need another bellows in addition to the standard for that to work. But the versatility gained is worth it. Focus with the rear standard so you don't have to reposition the shutter to focus.

Fantastic solution! Ill do that for my Verito 9".

CTwist
12-Aug-2012, 01:26
Thanks everyone for your ideas and suggestions. And Will W's is particularly smart and simple!
Charles