PDA

View Full Version : Jobo CPP-2, Expert tank and Sprint developer?

John Powers
9-Aug-2012, 07:55
I have been asked to help develop 4x5 B&W film for a college alternative processes class of 13 students and me with my Jobo CPP-2 and one Expert tank. I have used Bostick & Sullivan’s Rollo Pyro for the last five years for silver, platinum and vandyke printing. The school uses Sprint darkroom chemicals for price and safety. Can Sprint handle the aeration of a Jobo? The Rollo Pyro has a cancer causing powder in the prewash that parents might object to or sue me for using near their babies.

The negatives will be used for UV printing in both Vandyke and Cyanotype printing so I will need extra contrast.

I have established my film exposure, developing time and temperature through trail and error. How do you do that with students who are using a 4x5 for the first time and probably different film brands and speeds?

Is there anything else I should worry about?

John

vinny
9-Aug-2012, 09:23
in california, the water causes cancer. along with everything else. except the air

John Powers
9-Aug-2012, 10:02
I've used Sprint in a Jobo. It is basically just a D-76 clone.

Any thoughts on developing time and temperature for a novice crowd?

John

John Powers
9-Aug-2012, 11:37
This chart may help (http://sprintsystems.com/time-charts/).

Greg,

Thank you. The chart did not come up on my screen. I will PM you my email in hopes that I can receive it that way.

Thanks,

John

John Powers
9-Aug-2012, 11:40
in california, the water causes cancer. along with everything else. except the air

Hi Vinny,

Don’t often see trolls this tall.

John

koh303
9-Aug-2012, 12:07
massive dev chart on digital truth. all the answers in the world are already there.
The air in CA probably causes more cancer the cigarettes do.