PDA

View Full Version : Cams for GG focusing on Tech III???

Juergen Sattler
20-Feb-2004, 05:39
I found this statement on one of the discussion forums here and it confused me to the point where I am not sure anymore what to believe. Here is the quote:

"III and IV have unzeroed ground glass so camera and all lenses necessary for camming, Later ones only lens is needed (except for the new Master 2000). It is the ground glass position that varies from camera to camera. On all III and IV models for accurate focusing over the entire focusing range the cam MUST be matched to the lens and the camera body. These cams are not interchangeable between any other III, IV, V or Master. On the V and Master all backs have the same position so then your answer is correct and the cam only needs to be matched to the lens and cams are interchangeable between any V and any Master Technika (not the Master Technika 2000 which does not use cams.".

The question I have is: when focusing on the ground glass only do I need to worry about cams on a Tech III? The statement above makes it sound as if I had to, but it doesn't make any sense to me. I always believed that what I see on the groundglass is what I get on film!? I just purchased a Tech III (I also have a Sinar outfit and maybe that's why I am making certain assumptions about these things). Help, please?

Juergen

Bob Salomon
20-Feb-2004, 05:49
"The question I have is: when focusing on the ground glass only do I need to worry about cams on a Tech III? "

The statement I made in your quote regards rangefinder focusing only.

No cams are needed on any camera from any manufacturer for gg focusing.

Juergen Sattler
20-Feb-2004, 05:53
Thanks Bob for the very quick answer - I feel a whole lot better now and that's what I thought, but somehow I got confused.

Juergen