PDA

View Full Version : Is Spotone out of business?

scott jones
19-Feb-2004, 20:47
Greetings all,

I have recently received an email from a workshop instructor saying that there is a rumour that the spotone company may be out of business and therefore spotone may no longer be available. Does anybody know if this is true and what the circumstances may be?? Thanks...

ScottJonesPhoto.com (http://www.scottjonesphoto.com" target="_blank)

william linne
19-Feb-2004, 20:56
The owner of the company had a heart attack and production has stopped temporarily. Apparently a bigger outfit is trying to buy them out..

Donald Miller
19-Feb-2004, 21:07
An alternative source of retouching materials is Veronica Cass. A search will locate her. I have found her materials preferable to Spotone in my experience.

Brian Ellis
20-Feb-2004, 05:58
If I owned Spotone I probably would have had a heart attack too when I saw what could be done with the rubber stamp and healing tools in Photoshop.

domenico Foschi
20-Feb-2004, 11:33
I doubt i will need more than 3 bottles per tone in all my lifetime . that stuff lasts forever , it really is not a profitable business, plus , really who retouches anymore (sadly ) ?

Mike Tobias
20-Feb-2004, 21:26
Working at a photo lab, I was informed of the details of the demise of spotone. When we called our distributer, he said that they had closed their doors literally overnight after the owner had a heart attack. He also said it was unclear if they were going to be bought out, as the market demand is so low that few companies were intersted. Just my 2 cents.

Mike