PDA

View Full Version : Methods of traditionally shooting and printing (non-repro) art and design

zipflash
4-Aug-2012, 13:18
A few questions regarding color analog methods for shooting graphic design.
From what i understand the most ideal shooting for final mock ups for graphic design (non-digitally/without scanning) is using a copystand with the right light settings and and slide film.

Is 6x6 better than 35mm for shooting pages paste-ups for a mock magazine? What is the best size?

Logically processors only take photographic paper. Is there a quick or even possible way I print on a processor with emulsion on the any of the following : standard paper paper/layout paper/watercolor paper/transparent acetate or matt/gloss paper? I would think they would have to be on a roll. Is darkroom the only way then?

From what I've experinced the 35mm slide , not sure about neg film, doesn't exceed around an A4 or even smaller or even smaller. What's the largest it can reach before it looses detail on modern processors?

I'm aiming to use usinng around a2, a3, a4; your standard formats for books, posters as well.

some info would be appreciated.

Cletus
4-Aug-2012, 15:45
huh?

Jim Andrada
7-Aug-2012, 00:54
+1 on the Huh?

Is 6 x 6 better than 35mm? Depends on what you want to do and camera and lens what you mean by better, and, and, and...........

Is there a best size? Yes. What is it? see above.