PDA

View Full Version : Linhof TK45S GG Assembly

Ron Bose
19-Feb-2004, 15:58
I've recently acquired a used Technikardan 45S and I have a question about the GG assembly.

I've figured out how to removed the GG/film holder assembly to go from horizontal format (landscape) to vertical (portrait). But is there a way to remove the GG part, so I can fit a Super Rollex 120 back ? Or do I have to 'squeeze' it underneath the GG ?

Also, what are the two "Off ---->" sliders above and below where you slide in the film-holder ?

Thanks ! Ron

Walter Glover
19-Feb-2004, 16:57
Ron,

There are a number of components which attach indeendently on the TK45S.

Firstly, there is the whole rear frame which fastens by the clip at the top. You release the catch in similar fashion to the lens panel catch and then rotate the rear frame to suit horizontal or vertical orientation as you have discovered.

Secondly, there may or may not be a folding focussing hood which either opens with a central latch ot swings out by pulling on the tab at the end. The hood is removed by pressing down on a sprung pin and tilting the hood out.

Thirdly, there are two protruding arms along the long side of the graound-glass holder. These have a ribbed section for grip. You depress these arms against the spring pressure and slide the graound glass frame out of its postion and remove it.

The Super Rollex DOES NOT go under the ground glass. The ground glass is removed as above and the Super Rollex is placed into position, taking care that the light trap bar fits properly. Now the ON/OFF sliders are slid so that the chromed plates cover the edges of the Super Rollex and secure it. After shooting the RFH is removed and the ground glass replaced.

You're gonna love it. The TK45S is a gem.

Walter Glover

Ron Bose
19-Feb-2004, 19:16
Walter, good on ya mate ...

Your point #3 was the critical one, after following your instructions I removed the GG and it's frame, then it was easy to see how the On/Off sliders work.

As for a focussing hood, no such luck, but when I was inspecting the camera for the first time, there was a little bonus behind the GG, a nice little fresnel !!

Looking forward to the snow and ice melting so I can get out there and make some images !!

Thanks again, Ron

Bob Salomon
20-Feb-2004, 02:51
"but when I was inspecting the camera for the first time, there was a little bonus behind the GG, a nice little fresnel !!"

Then you better have the focus checked. The proper position for the frsnel is on the outside of the gg on the TK. Since it is inside it will create a focus plane problem unledd the shims hve been adjusted for the inside fresnel position. Have they? If not you will be out of focus by the thickness of the fresnel.

Ron Bose
20-Feb-2004, 08:11
Thanks Bob, I'll have to check ...

Ron Bose
21-Feb-2004, 12:45
Hi Bob,

I looked at my GG assembly last night and found the following ...

If I remove the assembly and lay it on the table (bellows side on the table), I see the GG resting on two thin black metal brackets on the shorter sides. The GG is secured against them with a metal tab with a screw, one on the left the other on the right.

If I turn over the GG assembly (bellows-side now facing me) I see the fresnel screen. The fresnel appears to be located against the rough-side of the GG.

So from the back of the camera going toward the bellows and the front standard we have: the GG, the black metal GG brackets, the GG metal frame (which has the grafloks) then the fresnel.

Is this correct ? How can I tell if this has been done correctly or not ?

I'll do some test shots once my tripod bracketery arrives next week.

Thanks for your advice !!

Ron

Bob Salomon
21-Feb-2004, 13:31
Once again Ron you are missing the shims. Your camera needs to be serviced and the fresnel belongs on the top, not the bottom, of the gg.