PDA

View Full Version : Latch/clamp

Sylvester Graham
1-Aug-2012, 10:53
Anybody know what one of these babies is called?

E. von Hoegh
1-Aug-2012, 11:17
Sliding latch.

Sylvester Graham
1-Aug-2012, 12:00
Thank you. I emailed Mcmaster-Carr with the photo and they don't seem to have it. Anybody know sources for a sliding latch like this?

Thanks

E. von Hoegh
1-Aug-2012, 12:03
Thank you. I emailed Mcmaster-Carr with the photo and they don't seem to have it. Anybody know sources for a sliding latch like this?

Thanks

Who made the camera? Try the factory.

Jon Shiu
1-Aug-2012, 12:18
There are some on ebay, ie deardorff, but they may be too big for your camera.

Jon

E. von Hoegh
1-Aug-2012, 12:24
There's always the saw, drill, file, and bend solution....

domaz
1-Aug-2012, 13:48
I've got a box of parts from a B&J someone took apart that has knobs and a couple of these. If you look around you can probably find a junker camera like this pretty cheap to use as a parts camera.

William Whitaker
1-Aug-2012, 14:36
I usually refer to it as a lensboard slider under the general heading of lensboard retaining hardware, which would also include the fixed retaining strip on the other side. There doesn't seem to be a generally accepted name, per se. People seem to just call it by some name that describes its function.

If you're looking for one to fit a specific camera, then try contacting the camera manufacturer or distributor, as someone mentioned above, to see if you can get a replacement part. S.K. Grimes usually has some generic ones of their own design in stock. Or they can make some to fit your needs, although that solution may cost more than you want. Your profile says you're in Boston and they're in Woonsocket, RI, so it may even be worth a visit to their shop, depending on your needs.

vinny
1-Aug-2012, 14:47
ebay.

Sylvester Graham
1-Aug-2012, 16:22
Thanks everybody. I'm thinking about making a reducing back and lensboard adapter for an 8x10, where I can just unhook the back and boards from my shen-hao and slap them on the 8x10. Didn't realize S.K. Grimes was so close.

lenser
2-Apr-2013, 08:26
Maybe call the parts/repair department at Calumet in Chicago. Jose seems to have a little bit of everything up there.