PDA

View Full Version : Looking for filter size for a 4 3/8 inch F:8 Dagor Wide Angle lens

Robert Opheim
31-Jul-2012, 14:33
I was at my local camera store Glazier's in Seattle today looking for a step up ring for a 4 3/8 inch WA dagor that I have recently purchased. Do any of you have one? What is the filter size? mine is a serial no. 770--- lens - it seemed to be around 40mm but I am not sure if it is a series filter or not. I spent an hour or more searching through the filter drawers, and step up ring drawers, at Glazier's. My goal is to mount my standard 67mm filters on the lens. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Bob

E. von Hoegh
31-Jul-2012, 14:39
It could be a 40.5mm. It could also be another thread that you will not find a commercial adapter for. Try to find a series adapter that will slip on.

Jan Pedersen
31-Jul-2012, 15:23
Recently sold my 4 3/8" dagor so i can't measure but i am almost certain that the filter thread is not a standard or common thread size.
The barrel or lip on this WA Dagor is to narrow to attach a slip-on unless it can be glued on permanently. I think the best option is to have SK Grimes make an adaptor ring to your desired filter size.

Robert Opheim
31-Jul-2012, 22:15
I tried a 40.5mm filter and a 39mm filter - neither fit the 4 3/8 inch lens.

Robert Opheim
3-Aug-2012, 13:41
I found a series VI slip on filter holder in one of my boxes that fits this lens - I forgot I had it. It still is a mystery what tread size the interior thread is on the lens. Jan and E. Von thank you for your responses and help!! Good shooting and printing!!

Mark Sampson
3-Aug-2012, 14:53
Now if you're really lucky you'll be able to find a S6-to-modern thread size adapter. They are out there.

David Lindquist
6-Aug-2012, 14:27
I found a series VI slip on filter holder in one of my boxes that fits this lens - I forgot I had it. It still is a mystery what tread size the interior thread is on the lens. Jan and E. Von thank you for your responses and help!! Good shooting and printing!!

I have a 4 3/8 inch Wide Angle Dagor that came with a screw-in lens cap. (I suspect the lens cap is original from Goerz.) S/N is 808xx and it is mounted in a No. 1 rim set Compur. The O.D. of the thread on the lens cap measures 48 mm and the pitch looks like 0.5 mm as measured with my trusty Starrett metric thread gage. The 48 mm O.D. sounds rather larger than what you are finding so maybe Goerz made some changes in the mounting between 770xxx and 808xxx. On my lens a 50 mm push-on lens cap fits nicely.
David

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
6-Aug-2012, 15:58
I sold mine many years back, but the threads weren't standard. Grimes made an adapter for me.