PDA

View Full Version : Adapter for Speed Graphic boards to fit Linof Karden Color 45s?

Terence Falk
30-Jul-2012, 05:33
I work primarily with a Linhof Karden Color 45 s which takes the flat 6" boards. I also use a Speed Graphic. What I would like to do is have my 150mm lens mounted onto the Speed Graphic board and then fit it quickly to the Linhof with hopefully some kind of adapter so I dont have to unscrew the lens from its Linhof board and remount it to the Speed Graphic. Does this exist or do I need to make it? thanks.

Bob Salomon
30-Jul-2012, 05:46
You will need to make one. Or at least one, you might also need to make a recessed one depending on how short a lens you will use on the 45 S.

Dan Fromm
30-Jul-2012, 06:41
http://www.skgrimes.com/products/lens-board-adapters

Terence Falk
30-Jul-2012, 07:09
thanks Dan; I didn't think of Grimes!

Neal Chaves
31-Jul-2012, 16:11
There are 4X4 Graphic Adapter boards around. I think they were made by Calumet. I got one from KEH. They have a ridge on the back for a light trap. I milled mine flat on the back so it goes in my Beseler enlarger. Reworked like this it could flush mount on a flat Linhof board.

dsphotog
31-Jul-2012, 21:08
There are 4X4 Graphic Adapter boards around. I think they were made by Calumet. I got one from KEH. They have a ridge on the back for a light trap. I milled mine flat on the back so it goes in my Beseler enlarger. Reworked like this it could flush mount on a flat Linhof board.

I second what Neal said, to save space, I mount any lens that will fit onto a Crown/Speed board.... but I think they were a Graphic product, intended to allow using Speed/Crown boards on a Graphic View.