PDA

View Full Version : View Camera Case

Pfiltz
26-Jul-2012, 18:33
I just bought a Graphic View Camera. Are there cases out there that one can buy, that the camera would fit nicely into, or does one have to fabricate one?

Thanks

Jim Jones
26-Jul-2012, 18:37
Yes, cases occasionally show up on auction sites. I've accumulated a Vulcanite case for each of my LF kits over the years. Sometimes older suitcases can be adapted for camera cases. Overnight cases work fine for smaller cameras.

Pfiltz
26-Jul-2012, 18:44
Appreciate it Jim.

Be well

biedron
26-Jul-2012, 21:58
Photobackpacker http://www.photobackpacker.com/home.php has a large selection of cases to fit various sized cameras. The cases work optimally with the Photobackpacker system, but can be used as stand-alone cases.

Bob

Joseph Dickerson
27-Jul-2012, 14:42
Calumet and Lightware both make cases that allow a view camera to hang upside down from the monorail.

I use the Calumet for transporting my Sinar in the car, and a Photo Backpacker Kelty (with Bruce's accessories) for hiking.

JD

Pfiltz
27-Jul-2012, 16:13
Appreciate it guys.

There are no places close to here where I would be hiking, but I just don't want to lay in the back seat or where ever while driving to a location, so I would like to find some type of case to store it while I'm driving around with it. I also have to figure out how to ship it to Seattle for a trip I'm planning in Sept. I'm going to ship it and my RB67 a week before I leave here.

Robert Opheim
29-Jul-2012, 01:12
I had a Graphic View II a number of years ago. It was a good view camera - mine came with a gray case that held the camera, several film holders, a meter, and a couple of lens etc. I would think that you could find one or a similar one here by listing a wanted ad, or by searching the auction site, and posting on the Graflex site, and looking at the various store e-sites that deal with graflex cameras.

Jim Jones
29-Jul-2012, 05:30
I had a Graphic View II a number of years ago. It was a good view camera - mine came with a gray case that held the camera, several film holders, a meter, and a couple of lens etc. I would think that you could find one or a similar one here by listing a wanted ad, or by searching the auction site, and posting on the Graflex site, and looking at the various store e-sites that deal with graflex cameras.

I use one of those cases. They are light and fairly compact. The main disadvantage is a lack of padding that some larger modern cases may have. Padding takes up space. It may be better to externally pad the case in a vehicle, and handle it carefully on location.