PDA

View Full Version : B&S Glycerin vs. pharmacy Glycerin

Nasser
26-Jul-2012, 03:33
Is there any deference between Bostick and Sullivan Glycerin and the pharmacy Glycerin?

Joe O'Hara
26-Jul-2012, 18:20
I doubt it, unless one or the other contains water. In the US, few pharmacies (in this area at least) still carry glycerin(e). That may account for why B&S sells it as a specialty chemical.

Tim Povlick
27-Jul-2012, 00:01
Greetings,

I checked a USA pharmacy online site and their Glycerin was listed as 99.5% pure / Anhydous (no water). In checking the MSDS chemical data sheet for Formulatory's Glycerin it seemed to be the same. Based on that I would try it myself.

If you see a tourist walking around Dubai with a Graflex this weekend, stop and say Hi.

Good luck and Best Regards,

Tim

E. von Hoegh
27-Jul-2012, 07:44
USP - that is, United States Pharmacopoea glycerin will be as pure or purer than any commercial glycerin you can get. Keep the cap tight, it will absorb water from a humid atmosphere.

Nasser
1-Aug-2012, 01:10
Greetings,

I checked a USA pharmacy online site and their Glycerin was listed as 99.5% pure / Anhydous (no water). In checking the MSDS chemical data sheet for Formulatory's Glycerin it seemed to be the same. Based on that I would try it myself.

If you see a tourist walking around Dubai with a Graflex this weekend, stop and say Hi.

Good luck and Best Regards,

Tim

LooL! Ok Tim Thanks!

Nasser
1-Aug-2012, 01:15
Thank you all for the reply, the reason I ask because I have seen a warning tag on the B&S Glycerin bottle, some of there bottles do not have this warnings, which I new it is not a default sticker that B&S would put on every bottle.