PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Schneider Symmar-S 240mm

Jay Lingelbach
16-Feb-2004, 10:33
Hello all! I just got the glass for a Schneider Symmar-S 240mm without a shutter and was wondering if you have any advise on mounting it. I know it needs a Copal #3 shutter and was wondering if it would screw right in or if I would have to go to somebody like S.K. Grimes. Any info would be great! Thanks ahead of time!

Ted Harris
16-Feb-2004, 10:59
Assuming it is a standard Symmar S 240mm it should screw right into a #3 shutter. One thing to remember, if you are going to use it on a smaller lensboard (e.g. Technika/Wista or smaller) you will want to use a spacer ring to be sure you havce clearance for the controls from the front of the camera.

Capocheny
16-Feb-2004, 21:11
Jay,

Ted's correct and the elements should screw right into the shutter. The only problem you may encounter is if the "f-stop scale" is for a different lens. For example, there are some 240s that have a maximum apperture of f9. If yours is a 5.6...then you'll need to buy a new scale from Schneider. Alternatively, you can send it in to S.K. Grimes and they'll engrave the appropriate scale onto your lens.

Hope this helps...

Cheers