PDA

View Full Version : Birthday greetings

Lenny Eiger
23-Jul-2012, 11:02
I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but the birthday greetings from forum software annoy me. Today is my birthday and I got a letter from the forum wishing me a Happy Birthday - from 4 forums, actually. There are people here who appreciate my participation (others who do not, of course). I would be happy to get greetings from any of them (on any day). However, the software does not care about me, it's just a database smart enough to send out an email. Getting this kind of wish from a piece of software is exceedingly hollow.

Is this something that can be turned off?

(That would be my suggestion.)

Thanks,

Lenny

Andrew O'Neill
23-Jul-2012, 11:12
Happy Birthday, Lenny. I care about you.

Tim Povlick
23-Jul-2012, 11:22
Today is my birthday

Lenny

Happy Birthday !

Tim

Alan Gales
23-Jul-2012, 13:26
Happy Birthday, Lenny!

I appreciate your participation.

Alan

William Whitaker
23-Jul-2012, 14:36
Happy birthday Lenny. I feel your pain every time a microwave oven tells me that my food is ready. It doesn't "know" the first thing about cooking nor even what, if anything, was placed inside it. All it "knows" is that it got a turn-off command!

Scott Walker
23-Jul-2012, 14:58
Happy Birthday Lenny!
Why don't you change your birthday to a different date on each forum, that way a computer could wish you a happy birthday when it's not your birthday....4 different times a year :)

Dan Fromm
23-Jul-2012, 15:29
My RAs once gave me a birthday cake with the message, in icing, Happy Birthday Ogre.

A hearty Happy Birthday Ogre to you, Lenny.

Brian Ellis
23-Jul-2012, 19:11
At least you don't get a Christmas card from the Forum. That would really be awful. : - )

zenny
24-Jul-2012, 02:20
Happy B'day, Lenny! You deserve! :-)

/zenny

---
Support http://thehumanape.com