PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anyone at Fujifilm?

timparkin
23-Jul-2012, 10:05
I was hoping to try to contact someone at Fujifilm to sound out the possibility of a Kodak style run of film production once a year (or two). Does anybody know anybody that might have any influence at Fujifilm Holdings?

Tim

vinny
23-Jul-2012, 10:25
jeff at badger graphic has organized special orders on occasion. good luck!

andy
23-Jul-2012, 10:41
I talked to someone at Freestyle photo about this, and he said the biggest problem is that we're really dealing with two separate companies, fuji usa and fuji japan, and that fuji japan doesn't like to really
talk with or deal with fuji usa--he said the USA reps have no idea what's coming down the line, or really the ability to influence or do anything, evidenced in the international distribution of 160s (now labeled NS) but the lack of domestic US availability.

nevertheless, this is only second hand knowledge from the guy behind the counter when I stopped into freestyle photo in LA a couple of weeks ago on a trip.

buggz
23-Jul-2012, 10:51
Sounds as if Fuji-USA needs to be fired.
I work for a Japanese company now for 20 years.
I have an excellent rapport with any of the people at our mother company in Japan.
Whether I know them, or not.
Same with any of our other company global offices.

vinny
23-Jul-2012, 11:06
pretty much somes it up. I've asked the fuji usa rep (over on apug) questions in the past. They couldn't answer much and it sounded like the lack of communication was the norm.
I talked to someone at Freestyle photo about this, and he said the biggest problem is that we're really dealing with two separate companies, fuji usa and fuji japan, and that fuji japan doesn't like to really
talk with or deal with fuji usa--he said the USA reps have no idea what's coming down the line, or really the ability to influence or do anything, evidenced in the international distribution of 160s (now labeled NS) but the lack of domestic US availability.

nevertheless, this is only second hand knowledge from the guy behind the counter when I stopped into freestyle photo in LA a couple of weeks ago on a trip.

dave_whatever
23-Jul-2012, 11:14
Its probably the case that the non-japan Fuji companies around the world (Fuji USA, Fuji UK etc) are just local distributors, unrelated to the real Fuji Japan, who simply hold a contract permitting them to use the Fuji name.