PDA

View Full Version : C-41 lab?

soboyle
18-Jul-2012, 05:56
Any suggestion for a lab that processes C-41 4x5 sheet film (Ektar 100)?
I'm located in Western Massachusetts.

vinny
18-Jul-2012, 06:24
Pretty much any pro lab that's left will be doing c41. It's e6 that seems to be getting harder to find (from what I hear). The type of film (ektar) is irrelevant since it all goes in for the same time.

Mark Sampson
18-Jul-2012, 06:35
Edgar Praus, www.4photolab.com.

BrianShaw
18-Jul-2012, 06:39
Pretty much any pro lab that's left will be doing c41. It's e6 that seems to be getting harder to find (from what I hear). The type of film (ektar) is irrelevant since it all goes in for the same time.

It is the size that matters. Not too many of the remaining pro labs are processing LF.

A&I in Hollywood and The Icon in West Los Angeles are still processing C41 sheet film, I believe... but you'd have to mail it.

Frank Petronio
18-Jul-2012, 06:43
Praus Uber Alles

frotog
18-Jul-2012, 07:00
I'm in W. Ma. as well. I've used Praus and LTI. Normal process c-41 for sheet film is of equal quality from both these labs. However, if you're tired of mottled even tones in your sheets of c-41 or if you just want to see how good skin tones can get check out LTI's special process c-41. Pricey, yes, but unbelievably great results.

IanMazursky
19-Jul-2012, 09:35
LTI (http://www.lti-lightside.com/) in NYC processes C-41, E-6 and B&W in D&D Refrema processors.
They can process films up to 16x20. They are great to work with and are a bunch of really nice guys.

adam satushek
19-Jul-2012, 09:55
Now days I assume most of us have to mail out our C-41 sheet film for processing. I currently live in Colorado and send my 120, 4x5, and 8x10 to Citizen Photo in Portland, OR. (http://www.citizensphoto.com/index.html). I lived in Seattle when Ivey closed down (man I miss that 3 hour turn around!) and tried a few other labs in WA and CA with mixed and inconsistent results. I think Citizen is a small lab (I have actually never seen it in person) but I have had top notch results. Never any streaking or spots from dirty developer and never any scratches. They use Dip and Dunk Referma processing which from my understanding is current and nice.

I'm sure there are lots of good labs out there if you are willing to mail your film...but I just wanted to give a plug to my current favorite. I have spoken to them on the phone several times and through email and they are always very helpful and professional.

Oh, and while I have not shopped around recently I think thier prices are quite competetative.

Jim Andrada
19-Jul-2012, 10:54
Photographic Works in Tucson still does anything from 110 on up to at least 8 x 10. B&W, C-41, E-6. They may be able to do larger than 8 x 10 but I've never asked since that's as large as I need.

I've never compared them to any of the places I'd have to mail my film to - I can just drive over in about 10 minutes. It's really unusual to be able to find anything in Tucson, but I lucked out on film processing.

Wayne Aho
19-Jul-2012, 11:09
I haven't used these folks, but they're in Western Mass near I-91, and the website states that they do 4x5 C-41.

Iris Photo & Digital
164 Main Street
Northampton, MA

http://iris-photo.com/

Wayne

andy
20-Jul-2012, 09:38
Just picked up some film from Edgar at Praus Productions in rochester--he's fantastic.